Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a few months ago my trip button stared playing up by working now and then or not at all i saw a clip on you tube about the stalks and took mine off only to find its the ribbon type now i want to know how much of a job it is too put the ribbon back in so i can use the rear wiper and also if they can be repaired to work properly any help would be good :thumb:

·
Registered
437 Posts
Andy, on the ribbon type there's a circular copper connector that rotates each time the rear wiper or trip button is used. This may have broken. Found this out when I did mine.

Have you pulled the whole ribbon out of the wiper stalk?

If so then refitting depends on how savvy your are with cars and electronics.

The steering wheel needs to come off followed by the comm unit. Then the comm unit needs dismantling which is a very delicate job because you need to ensure that you dont rotate the air bag ribbon cable during the whole operation and the indicator self cancellation can play up on refitting.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi

yep when i pulled it the ribbon came out with it hmmmm so not a quick job then lol and do all my own mechanics so know what am doing and while the ribbon has come out i will check that copper before taking off the comm unit :thumb:

·
Registered
437 Posts
Nope its still broken but the bit that's broken on mine is just the little tab that operates the trip functions on the MFD.

I put the switch back together minus the actual button right on the end. The wipers all worked. Then I activated Trip functions in planet and used a small screwdriver pushed into the end of the switch to cycle through the options on the MFD until I got the one I wanted. Removed the screwdriver and put the little switch back in and job done.

One day I'll replace it properly. That is once I find a replacement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts