Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anybody help please. We bought an 03 reg peugeot 307sw at the weekend and have taken one of the middle row seats out on drivers side but now when we try to put it back in it wont lock down at the back. The metal pins with springs on were quite stiff so we put wd40 on which has made them move a little more but they simply wont lock into the holes in the floor. The seats basiclly bounce back up when you push the seats down. We have tried applying pressure but the pins dont seem to go into the holes. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Make sure the locking levers at the front are fully engaged, and that the pull straps haven't go caught underneath. Also check the release mechanism with the handle thing hasn't got stuck in the loose position. I've had all these problems before :D

I normally find it needs a firm hand to slam it back down.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for replying. I ended up taking it to garage for drop link and asked them to look at it. They have got it back in place but not told me how! Just wont take it out again now :)

·
5,863 Posts
The other thing that stops seats unlocking or locking is if the base is not slid right back on the runners

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We thought there must have been a problem with the metal pins with the springs around them on back of seat as they just wouldnt go back into the holes in the floor. It was as if the little balls on the outside of the pins were stopping them from going into the holes.

·
Registered
14,567 Posts
The spring pins are the problem but the reason is as windy says the seat needs to be slid to the correct position on the rail for the mechanisms to work correctly i had this problem trying to fit my extra seats till i moved them to the correct folding position the balls are released when the seat is folded and the springs go over them when the seat is refitted the spring goes up and the balls lock the pins into the floor

·
Registered
3 Posts
The spring pins are the problem but the reason is as windy says the seat needs to be slid to the correct position on the rail for the mechanisms to work correctly i had this problem trying to fit my extra seats till i moved them to the correct folding position the balls are released when the seat is folded and the springs go over them when the seat is refitted the spring goes up and the balls lock the pins into the floor
I had both pins in the 'Locked' position, so the seat would not lock in properly. I adjusted the seat slide to fully back and made sure it latched in correctly. Then with the whole seat tipped forward I pulled hard on lever 'C' at the rear of the seat and saw the two pins release. Great result as the seat went into location when I lowered it. Well worth knowing generally.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts