Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I have a 2001 Fiat Ulysee 2.0 S JTD 16v which has developed a fault.

That fault is a loud Banging / Rattle coming from the front O/S of the engine bay.

I have added the URL to two short videos of it below.

Would someone in the know, be so kind as to have a look and listen, and, although I know this is not ideal, could you tell me, in your experiance, what you think it is?

I am not mechanically minded and the mechanic I regularly use, is on holiday until next Wednesday.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
My PC on its last legs so can't watch vids but most likely to be crankshaft pulley it will spilt into two eventually causing no drive to p/s pump, alternator etc. Try and get it replaced ASAP.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My PC on its last legs so can't watch vids but most likely to be crankshaft pulley it will spilt into two eventually causing no drive to p/s pump, alternator etc. Try and get it replaced ASAP.
Wyn, thank you for your reply, you know your onions. :)

I was about to update this thread to help others by saying that my mechanic looked at it this morning, and indeed it IS the Crankshaft (bottom) pulley (Torsion Vibration Damper Pulley).

I have taken a photo for others to view, and it can be clearly seen where is is U/S by. :(

Thanks again Wyn, and I hope this helps others.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Photos:

Old troublesome Crankshaft Pulley, in situ.

And

New Crankshaft Pulley in situ.

Happy days*

* Well, it would be if it wasn't through new issues with the battery draing flat. I will use some contact spray and compressed air on the double relay first to rule that out (as this was the culprate on my old petrol version) and failing that, it is a new battery. :(

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts