Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys. I did a scan with pp2000 this afternoon for a forum member and had some strange issues with it that I have not had before. Initial problems with the 2002 307 2.0l hdi were: car jumping, lights flashing as though there was a loose wire and ended with engine not starting later in the day, The battery is fully charged and holding charge. It was initially taken to a garage but still will not start. The mechanic has cleaned and changed a couple of parts and has had another battery hooked up to the cars battery to try to improve the battery charge I assume, but it was not jump started by another car! My fear is that this may have damaged something .I plugged in the interface and it would not get the vin number so had to put in manually. It read the codes for the engine Ecu and are listed below. It seems a lot of fault codes at once. Your thoughts please guys.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Hi guys. I did a scan with pp2000 this afternoon for a forum member and had some strange issue with it I have not had before. Initial problems with the 2002 307 2.0l hdi were: car jumping, lights flashing as though there was a loose wire and ending with engine not starting later in the day, The battery is fully charged and holding charge. It was initially taken to a garage but still will not start. The mechanic has cleaned and changed a couple of parts and has had another battery hooked up to the cars battery to try to improve the battery charge I assume, but it was not jump started by another car! My fear is that this may have damage something.I plugged in the interface and it would not get the vin number so had to put in manually. It read the codes for the engine Ecu and are listed below. It seems a lot of fault codes at once. Your thoughts please guys.
check all earths and battery terminals have alternator checked and wires onto alternator check wiring to diesel pressure sensor including the yellow further down, do a bsi reset procedure is on here somewhere

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
check all earths and battery terminals have alternator checked and wires onto alternator check wiring to diesel pressure sensor including the yellow further down, do a bsi reset procedure is on here somewhere
Thanks for the reply trust me. Can the alternator be checked with the engine not running ? I will find out where all the earth points are and check them along with the other things you suggested. I still think this is wiring related due to the symptoms before the car broke down. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Only problem Trustme, is the bsi reset steps have press/lock remote on key, and the buttons are missing on the key.
[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Chequers-Motorstore-Peugeot-Button-Remote/dp/B00G58L0PA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1408737555&sr=8-1&keywords=peugeot+307+replacement+key[/ame]

change the blade and chip Job done .. Then the BSI reset

just read another post by yourself regarding your battery being at 9 volt .. this will throw up all sorts of errors I suggest a new battery if this is related

·
Registered
43 Posts
The pp was picking the codes up but wouldnt delete them also the window buttons seam to have reversed left is right and vice versa. So annoying ; (

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Not on pp. The actual buttons if you press drivers the passenger goes down and vice versa x
Have you carried out the BSI reset as

1. Disconnect the diagnostic tool. If fitted
2. Put the driver’s window down, lift the bonnet and ensure all
equipment is switched off.
3. Ensure all doors are closed and remove key from the
ignition.
4. Wait for 3 minutes, disconnect the vehicle battery and wait
15 seconds.
5. Reconnect the vehicle battery, wait a further 10 seconds (do
not open doors.)
6. Switch on the side lights through the driver's window.
7. Switch on the ignition and check system’s functionality.
8. Hold lock button on key down for 10 seconds.
9.remove key open & close door test central locking system
10. Start the engine and complete the system’s check.
Failure to follow this procedure could result in incorrect operation of many
BSI related items.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Just tried it, still no joy, couldent get windows down as its in econemy mode, but made partner sit in car instead. followed instructions skipped number 8, still nothing , frustrated :(

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Just tried it, still no joy, couldent get windows down as its in econemy mode, but made partner sit in car instead. followed instructions skipped number 8, still nothing , frustrated :(
So its in Economy Mode and with the Ignition in the On position the windows will not go down

does the engine spin on the key and will it spin on the key with the headlights on without the lights dimming down too much ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts