Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

When I drive my car it revs on it own and as soon as you hit the gas it cuts out. Therefore every time it happens you have to pull over. This happens all the time.

Also there is an overwhelming smell of petrol coming from the exhaust i think. The garage dont know whats wrong with it.

Any answers appreciated :thumb:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok well could be a number of things really. Could be the the tps this gives a reading to the ecu which tells it how much the throttle body is open by if the tps is dodgy it would overfuel or underfuel. But an idea of what engine you have got would help me aid you further.

Then it could be your lamba sensor causing it to overfuel to keep the engine going if it cant get an efficent reading from it

Then most likely the coolant temp sensor could be at fault its a common overlooked fault and the cheapest to replace as the ecu reads the engine as not getting hot so continues to overfuel to try and warm it up.

As said need to know what engine youve got please

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.