Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there guys I brought a 307 a couple days ago a 1.6 sport 5 door 2005 basically when I brought it everything was fine but since then on the driver side switch for the electric window it's stopped working for the passengers side it only works on the passenger side switch also the drivers side electric window switch won't do it automatically now it stutters when opening and closing like there's a fault with the switch how easy is this to check and replace, also the car has a cd changer and a CD player standard but it doesn't work very well the cd changer is broke how easy is it to take it out and fit a normal head unit my father inlaw thinks I will need a cable for the stalk on the steering wheel to be honest I'm not that fussed if that doesn't work I can adjust the volume with the stereo thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
182 Posts
this may help for the window switch, I tried it but my rear windows still wont open, maybe you will have better luck.

I also have a busted CD player too. Not fixed yet.

Found this vid, may be related

Bot sure what you want to do with the radio stalk? There is no cable from my 307 , its just a clip on unit to the COM2000? Not sure if your model is diffrent, I have a 2001, best not mess with it, especialy since there is a steering wheel positioning sensor in ther what is a real pain when out of alignment.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Drivers side window switches are very common. It's usually a build up of dust and fluff inside that stops them working and a quick strip down and clean gets them going more often than not. The stuttering is usually because the ecu needs to relearn the top & bottom limits. Raise the window to the top then lower it all the way down and keep the button pressed for around 10 seconds. Get the window back to the top and hold the switch for 10 seconds and it shouild work correctly. Failing that it could be tight in the runner. A quick sp[ray of a silicone based cleaner inside the runners will be ennough to lubricate the channels for the window glass to run smoothly.

As for replacing the head unit with an after market unit you will more than likely find the radio stays on for around a minute or so after turning the engine off. This is because the switched live cable mates with a BSI controlled live which doesn't power down until the BSI goes into sleep mode and the odometer display extinguishes. This is easily fixed by using a meter to find the real ignition switched live (which should be placed next to the BSI switched live in the plug) and moving the radio cable to match up with it. If the car is a late 2005 (55 plate) you will need the head unit to change the time & date and adjust any MFD options as this functionality uses the head unit buttons. Pre facelift models have buttons for thiss on the MFD itself so not a problem when changing radios.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts