Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my music on a USB. For my old system (Nissan Juke) it worked well when I had things in different folders and there was an option where it would shuffle between folders at random, or I could shuffle in one folder, or just play things sequentially in order. I'm struggling with my Peugeot as I can't seem to random shuffle between folders.
As the Peugeot system can differentiate between the albums for each individual track, would I be better to put everything into one folder then I can get the random play that I'm after?
And does anyone know if there is a maximum size USB that can be used? Any help appreciated, thank you.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
This has been discussed before in several threads. The problem (for me) in using a USB memory stick is that the tracks are played in alphabetical order and not album order. If you put all the files in one folder my guess is that in normal play they will do just that, but shuffle (if it's possible to shuffle as I'm not sure) they will shuffle between every file in the folder.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I have lots of music on my SUB stick with each album in a separate folder. I have no problem using shuffle for either a single folder or for the whole stick. At the bottom of the music screen there is a shuffle button that gives you 3 choices, shuffle off, shuffle folder and shuffle all.

These work well for me but as Dautres mentions, if you want to play an album in the right order you need to set the system sort method to either file or folder...i can't remember which is which but try setting both and then play an album that needs to be played in order i.e. a musical.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
if you want to play an album in the right order you need to set the system sort method to either file or folder...i can't remember which is which but try setting both and then play an album that needs to be played in order i.e. a musical.
You're right Yorky, for tracks played in album order you choose folder play, I believe the problem is when the ignition is switched off the system doesn't default back to folder play so you have to go into the menu again. I use my iPod so don't have these problems!

·
Registered
853 Posts
You're right Yorky, for tracks played in album order you choose folder play, I believe the problem is when the ignition is switched off the system doesn't default back to folder play so you have to go into the menu again. I use my iPod so don't have these problems!
I gave my iPod to my sister when I fitted a Parrot hands free kit for her so I rely on the USB all the time. I'll check next time i go out but I'm sure mine stays at its last sort setting when I switch off....I'll confirm later.

Edit....
Couldn't wait till I was going out so just checked....mine does stay on my last selection i.e. folder play.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have lots of music on my SUB stick with each album in a separate folder. I have no problem using shuffle for either a single folder or for the whole stick. At the bottom of the music screen there is a shuffle button that gives you 3 choices, shuffle off, shuffle folder and shuffle all.

These work well for me but as Dautres mentions, if you want to play an album in the right order you need to set the system sort method to either file or folder...i can't remember which is which but try setting both and then play an album that needs to be played in order i.e. a musical.

Thank you yorky52, you're right. I hadn't pressed the shuffle button enough times and now have it set to sort by folder and shuffle all. And that works fine.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.