Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
This usually happens in the cooler months when your breath condenses on the inside of the windscreen before the A/C can manage to dry the air out. Not sure what to do about it, maybe someone else here can help out with that - but I've had the same problem a few times. What worked for me was to take the CC off auto and disable recirculation, forcing it to use outside air.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
I have none, I take the carpets out every week...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
I don't mean the matts I mean the carpet. You will have to remove the trim to lift the carpet and I can't see you taking them out every week as I'm sure you need to remove seats to take carpet out

Have you also checked boot

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
That happens a lot if you use the super de-mist setting. I think the water condensed out by the ac doesn't drain properly and gets blown back out of the system.

After using the super de-mist I run the heating on high with air forced from outside (with a low fan speed so the cabin doesn't get unbearably hot) to try to 'dry the system out' and that seems to keep it under control.

If I do short journeys with the super demist on then the condensation seems to get progresssively worse.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't mean the matts I mean the carpet. You will have to remove the trim to lift the carpet and I can't see you taking them out every week as I'm sure you need to remove seats to take carpet out

Have you also checked boot
What is super de-mist setting?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That happens a lot if you use the super de-mist setting. I think the water condensed out by the ac doesn't drain properly and gets blown back out of the system.

After using the super de-mist I run the heating on high with air forced from outside (with a low fan speed so the cabin doesn't get unbearably hot) to try to 'dry the system out' and that seems to keep it under control.

If I do short journeys with the super demist on then the condensation seems to get progresssively worse.
What is super de-mist setting?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Quick solution when are you driving and turns on a/c and windscreen gets mist: turn on cold a/c (yes, I know outside can be quite cold and the last thing you want is cold air inside car) but this remove mist in few seconds as windscreen gets ambient temperature and condensation reduces. After that you can turn off cold and turn on heater again to get a comfortable temperature.

cheers,

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quick solution when are you driving and turns on a/c and windscreen gets mist: turn on cold a/c (yes, I know outside can be quite cold and the last thing you want is cold air inside car) but this remove mist in few seconds as windscreen gets ambient temperature and condensation reduces. After that you can turn off cold and turn on heater again to get a comfortable temperature.

cheers,
Jejejeje thanks, no pro here my problem is that I live in a tropical country so, here is hot outside, normally a 24 at night sometimes 20 Celsius at late nights or early mornings that's the coldest, but thanks anyway...

Tonight I might try the super defrost...

I was thinking put some small pieces of cardboard big enough so they won't fall but not so big it would be noticeable

·
Registered
122 Posts
Try taking the pollen filter out (search on this forum for a guide).
If that cures it then you need a new pollen filter.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Try taking the pollen filter out (search on this forum for a guide).
If that cures it then you need a new pollen filter.
I've change it seems a normal issue...but thanks it seems that the flap never fully closes

1 - 14 of 14 Posts