Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

So I just updated my firmware to the latest one 21.08.84.12_NAC-r0_NAC_EUR_WAVE2 but when I try to update the maps to the latest v18 it starts but after a while it fails.
The Peugeot Update application doesn't show any update based on my VIN so I tried to use the maps from Nate's Google Drive.

In the system information screen Mapping there is no version shown
IMG_20210124_133503.jpg IMG_20210124_133509.jpg

In the Maps options it shows that I have v15
IMG_20210124_133538.jpg

Am I doing something wrong?
Do I need to incrementally updated the maps from v15 to v16 then v17 and finally to v18 or am I using a completely wrong update?

P.S: The Peugeot dealership here in Cyprus is completely useless. I took the car for a yearly service a week ago and asked them to update everything and they had no clue and said there is nothing they can do.

·
Premium Member
2,491 Posts
Took me 2 attempts to update to V18 maps - its a known issue the map update can fail partway then install fine on another attempt.

As for Peugeot dealers - they won't update mapping software as it takes to long & will only update the infotainment firmware if the unit has software issues.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
And you can't install maps older than version 17.0.0, they're too old and the system just fails with incompatible hardware. Versions 17.0.0 and 18.0.0 aren't offered as updates in any "official version checker" (Peugeot site, MyPeugeot App or the Peugeot Update software) because of that problem, they usually fail in the first attempt. You have to turn off the car, wait 5 minutes (all electric modules need to shutdown completely) and then try again with the same flash drive.
That's why no map updates are available right now.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I was lucky then, I updated to v18 on the first attempt👌

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello Everybody

Have purchased an 3008 1.2 Active Tech 2020 last December.
With my concerns about if everything was up to date, i found a firmware update.

Do it following the instructions and it take a good few minutes but it was suceffully installed.
At the moment my software version is 21.08.84.12_NAC-r0 from 2020-09-29.

But the maps version is old, at least for what i have been reading here, there's an V18 and mine still on 14.0.0-r0 from 2019-04-26.

That said, im looking for some help on this. I have downloaded the ( PSA_map-eur_18.0.0-r0-NAC_EUR_WAVE2.tar ) on the forum, but on peugeot site my VIN doens´t have any updates.

Its safe to install this version? A help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Cheers

Pic attached.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An Update to the situation above stated.

Decided for the update, even without feedback, went smoothly and now the version is 18.0.0-r0 from 2020-06-03

Thanks anyway.
Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
V18 maps seem to be problematic to install for a lot of us. Mine kept failing as well until I established a WiFi connection and started the process again. Then it worked.

You can read about it here. Map of Oceania version 18.0.0 (for NAC Wave2)
Thanks. I still haven't managed to do the update as it fails every time. Is Wi-Fi mandatory or can I also get away with it with internet from BT tethering?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Thanks. I still haven't managed to do the update as it fails every time. Is Wi-Fi mandatory or can I also get away with it with internet from BT tethering?
No, WiFi isn't mandatory, BT tethering is also OK, as long as your car has some kind of internet access.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts