Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 Peugeot 207 1.4
HEY there,
I hope someone might be able to point me in the right direction, my 207 has the following symptoms (although stills seems to be running ok otherwise)

1/. No engine water temp on gauge
2/. No engine oil temp on gauge
3/. Thermo fan runs for about 5-10 minutes after ignition is switched off even after a very short run, in fact the thermostat fan starts running g straight away when car is started.
Any advice would be really appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Brad

·
3,003 Posts
Hi...welcome to the forum.. I've moved and re-tiltled your thread to help you obtain model specific answers...welcome again and good luck...

·
Registered
44 Posts
2007 Peugeot 207 1.4
HEY there,
I hope someone might be able to point me in the right direction, my 207 has the following symptoms (although stills seems to be running ok otherwise)

1/. No engine water temp on gauge
2/. No engine oil temp on gauge
3/. Thermo fan runs for about 5-10 minutes after ignition is switched off even after a very short run, in fact the thermostat fan starts running g straight away when car is started.
Any advice would be really appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Brad

If this was my car .......

1 - Check coolant level to make sure full and no leaks.

Then I’d run car with reservoir cap OFF to see if coolant circulating, feeling radiator hoses for air locks.

2 - Given low cost I’d drain cooling system completely and replace thermostat housing which comes with a new temp sensor and refill making sure fully bleed out air

3 - Replace oil temp sensor at same time

4 - See if that makes a difference to fan. Then if necessary replace fan or further test it

You could temp short out the sensor leads and make sure gauges do move but very rare they fail tbh and the above wouldn’t harm being done as part of maintenance anyway

I wouldn’t run car too much if mine till I was sure it was cooling properly as they aren’t the most reliable of machines when it comes to damage through overheating . It may feel it’s running ok but why risk costly repair bill when above is an hour or so of time and cheap enough to do yourself

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not sure about the oil gauge...
check coolant level as already suggested.
Check all fuses just in case....
Next your need a scan tool to show live coolant temp data. Failed coolant temp sensors will put the fan on by default so i would be looking there first.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks heaps folks!!
I will grab some parts as suggested and see what I can do!

So are you saying I should replace the whole thermostat housing and not just the thermostat itself?
Thanks again

·
6,281 Posts
Also check codes in BSI on my daughters old 207 I had to clear a BSI code to get temp gauge working and fans to run normally after changing faulty coolant sensor

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
Thanks heaps folks!!
I will grab some parts as suggested and see what I can do!

So are you saying I should replace the whole thermostat housing and not just the thermostat itself?
Thanks again
the thermostat, housing and temp sensor come as a complete unit...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts