Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! New here, so please take it easy :bow2:
I'm pretty au fait with cars, but these modern things I have to drive to work/college are a little confusing!

So, I've just bought a 307 1.6 HDi 110 FAP, and it came cheap due to a little problem. This is a rough idle and a slight hesitaition under acceleration, I've driven 300 miles without issue, but yesterday the MIL light came on and the dreaded pollution fault light with it. Got it down to the garage (I neeeeed to get me an OBD reader!) and the codes are as follows:-

P1351 Pre heating relay circuit, Relay stuck open
P0409 EGR valve stuck during programming
P0238 Turbo pressure, Short circuit to positive or open circuit
P0100 Flow meter signal, airflow not plausable

So, the first one has stayed on, but the rest have canceled. I'll do a drive cycle with it before seeing which fault comes back up, but I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas before wasting time looking for things!

Thanks for your help! :D

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
1351 any money its glow plug renewal time, £70 a set, fit yourself with advice from these pages. Relays are peugeot parts and mine was about £42 i believe. Then clear faults again and see how it goes. EGR valves often play up, they come at £90 upwards clear again. Do the faults one at a time as the others may disappear once the first are cleared.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you sir!
I'll get myself a set of glow plugs and change them. I also forgot to mention that the glow plug light does not come on at all when the key is inserted.
I have heard that this is because it only comes on at 0 degrees. Anyway, if it is relevant, you know now :thumb:

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
1.6 hdi's use glow plugs to regenerate the dpf filters so get a lot of use independent of weather temperatures. Yours does say relay which can be checked by actuator test using diagnostics. If you fit a new one anyway it may prove a cheaper option. The maf can be cleaned by removing and spraying through with brake cleaner or electrical contact cleaner, this may fix it.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
You wont see the glow plug light till its freezing. The glow plugs will still be operating during a regen session though. No trouble [pleased to be of help. If you go on the bump up your posts to twenty thread you can pm me for any more advice you may need.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just listened to the relays and heard a good click when ignition on.
Going to disconnect the MAF and see if that helps. I'll have it out and clean it in the morning. :cool:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Morning! Some of you are up early?!?
Gibbo- Thanks, got plenty of leccie cleaner going (Unipart contact cleaner) which will be used. I'm running low on WD :eek:

bettyswollocks- This is my next port of call, as this gave me grief with my previous Megane. As it was stuck during programming, if I whip it out and clean it, then program it, I hope that'll help it

Many thanks :D

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
My egr had 'position sensor fault' and cleaning made no difference. On a 1.6 HDI, jointly developed with Ford, their egr's fit ok so may double your chances of finding one cheaper.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK thanks, just downloaded virtual xp and planet, and have bought an OBD reader. Can't wait to get it and use it!

The light went off today after cleaning the MAF, but it has now come back on again. Should be a few days before I can read it myself :D

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
D'oh!!!! :mad:

What kind of reader do I need? I knew this would happen :rolleyes:

Does this mean I need the lexia adaptor thingy that costs a fortune? If so, will a generic diag system still read and cancel a fault code, cos thats all I'm bothered about. There's only so many times you can configure the MFD before you get bored!

·
11,722 Posts
Yep, but it's around £60 now.

A generic reader should read and clear the code, but I've seen a fair number of examples where it hasn't.

·
Registered
4 Posts
p1802 air bag code

found out p1802 is air bag level 2 open ciruit but dont know if its drivers seat or steering wheel can anyone tell me if not is it comms????

1 - 16 of 16 Posts