Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all i have a peugeot 607 2.2hdi and i have a warning sign that says its anti pollution system defective can some one advise what it is and how i can resolve it i dont want to pay rip off dealers any money if i can avoid it thanks

·
Registered
862 Posts
rambo is back said:
hello all i have a peugeot 607 2.2hdi and i have a warning sign that says its anti pollution system defective can some one advise what it is and how i can resolve it i dont want to pay rip off dealers any money if i can avoid it thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum :lol:

It could be a problem with the injectors,try flushing out the system with some injector cleaner,then run the car for a couple of days see if that helps.
If that doesnt help then try removing the particle filter and clean out with compressed air.The particle filter is in a box near the front of the exhaust. This generally needs done at around the 70,000 mile mark,However you might have to top up eolys fluid. (diesel additive) all in all might be better talking to peugeot dealer.

If the particle filter is blocked then i am afraid it is a dealer job,they will clean it out or 'regenerate' it,they cause the exhaut fumes to become super heated wich turns the build up in the fap filter to ash, that is then blown through the exhaust

1 - 2 of 2 Posts