Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My partner had rac out who hooked their computer up and came up with the code p00113 which says exhaust camshaft solenoid.

I've read in many posts that this is what I should expect of rac but I'm no mechanic so I have to take it at face value...

Is this really bad and is it expensive I've also noted that the light will go out for a week or so at a time and come back on.

Can any one she'd some more light on this please?

Thanks in advance Gareth

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have the exhaust camshaft dephaser solenoid removed and swapped with the inlet camshaft solenoid and fault codes erased. Drive the vehicle and if the fault returns with p0011 inlet camshaft dephaser you know the problem is with the solenoid. I'd also recommended changing the oil and filter and cleaning the dephaser solenoids whilst they're out as the can clog up.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the reply will this damage anything if I swop them over? As I've said I'm no mechanic I know the 2 electric plugs your on about their located next to each other also how much would it cost to get the fault codes removed? And i know due to financial reasons i missed 1 service last year but it is now due for the mot and service at the end of this month. Would that really trigger a fault code like this?

Thank you again

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Servicing does not prevent random failures of components, but a missed oil and filter change could exacerbate a clogging problem.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for that!
I have now booked it in for a service and as the mot was due on the 28th of this month as well. I have brought it forward to earliest date possible which will be sunday

·
Registered
4 Posts
Gareth the exhaust camshaft solenoid is at the front of the cylinder head and the inlet is at the rear. You need the actual solenoids removing and swapping around. That'll determine if it is the solenoid at fault if the fault moves to inlet solenoid.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for the image. I do see the build up once cleaned were they still perfectly functioning as they should of?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts