Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, any advice would help.
Car has no warning lights, fuel economy is 48mpg but it seems to have a loss of power going uphill. For instance, on my way to work is Abbotsbury Hill, the top of the hill is 18% gradient, in my last car, 2.0 diesel 407, I could start the hill in 3rd, change up to 4th and still be accelerating as I hit the top. But in the 307cc I start in 3rd get three quarters of the way up and have to change down to 2nd, if I stay in 3rd, at the top I am doing 3000 revs and struggling to top 30mph which can be quite embarrassing if there are people behind me! Otherwise the car is fine on lesser gradients. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,242 Posts
Has it just started to happen? Perhaps the DPF is blocked! Check all hoses on the turbo system are good with no slits or tears. You really need live data readings to check the turbo etc are working OK.

·
Registered
5,945 Posts
My 2.0 was running as well as it ever was but would never pull away in 3rd unless going downhill. I'm guessing yours is a 110bhp which might make some differenc but I wouldn't even consider pulling away from stationary in 3rd going up a hill. Still if it works for you I'm just surprised it ever pulled away smoothli in 3rd.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see the confusion, I am already moving at the bottom of the hill having just passed through Abbotsbury, not starting from stationary at the bottom of the hill.
I bought the car 2 months ago so it came serviced, noticed the problem first time I used it to go to work, phoned the dealer I bought it from, they took it back and checked for codes, etc, but nothing came up, couldn't find a fault.
My commute to work is 35 miles which is all I use the car for and the average speed for commute is 40mph with a few places on route where it does 60mph which would, I think, clear the DPF.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No idea, bought it from a place in Bournemouth, quite flat there so didn't notice anything wrong when I took it for a test drive, it was then serviced before I finalised the deal and bought it. Must say the engine is very smooth and I sometimes forget I am driving a diesel.

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
Ok so you have only just got it you never stated that !!

Most likely thing is vacuum loss at the pipes under the manifold as they get brittle and fall to bits this then results in no boost as the turbo is vacuum operated.

Sometimes they get knocked off while doing the oil filter hence the service question

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
Its not a tdi its an hdi :)

TDI is what volkswagen call their engines

Have a look through forum for rhr engines in 407 etc with low boost issues you will see the vacuum pipes mentioned.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.