Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me what could possibly be going on with my 2006 307cc 2.0hdi. It broke down three weeks ago (went into limp mode) and has been at the garage since. They have had autoelectrician out to look at it and the following codes have come up on diagnostics
U118
U2003
P1693
P0402
They have yet to put the car on the ramp to strip it down but are not giving me any indication of what the faults could be either. I managed to get the codes off the receptionist from my job sheet. If someone has any idea what the codes mean and what could the possible repairs it is needing be that would be great

· Registered
15,373 Posts
You say it broke down none of those codes say break down to me but you dont say what engine you have there are 3 different 2 litres possible !

If your engine code is RHR and the car lost power will start but not rev then the fault is simple replace your EGR valve as the head has fallen off.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately I have very little mechanical or electrical knowledge and had no idea what the codes I was given related to. All I know is that the car started spluttering, would cut out when I tried to go forward and then I had to get towed home on the back of a tow truck. I was just trying to glean some information on what the codes could possibly mean as I was very much in the dark as far as any information being given to me by the garage. Thank you for your response however

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Erg has now been replaced. Thank you for your advice. Car is running a lot better now than it has since I've had it. I do however have a new problem which has cropped up. There is a high pitched hum coming from the passenger side. I think it's the rear. Almost sounds like a plane taking off but a lot quieter obviously. It's not really noticeable until I hit about 40 but gets louder the faster I go then drops off again at about 70. Can here it prominently on certain road surfaces and less on others. I don't think it's bearing as I've had one go on the car and that was a deeper noise more like a roar. Any advise?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.