Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys - pls excuse the dramatic title for this post - but hoping someone out there can help!

My wife has just driven into the back of the car in front at a set of lights - when they turned green. Thankfully no-one hurt and damage is apparently quite minor - car is being collected and returned home on a trailer.

According to my wife - the car won't turnover at all - so can't be towed - and I was wondering if it is possible that the car's immobilizer has come on because of the bump - and if that sounds plausible, is there an easy way to get if off - e.g. disconnect the battery ??

If not the immobilizer - any thoughts on what it might be ??

Could this be an 'inertia switch' - which I think is there to cut the fuel supply etc after an accident - if so where is it / how do you reset it ??

Any thoughts / suggestions would be very welcome !!

Thanks - Alan

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Wont turn over to me says engine is NOT turning on starter if thats the case its a battery connection issue nothing to do with inertia switches or immobilisers

If on the other hand it IS turning over but NOT starting it could be inertia switch or immobiliser but i doubt many new cars have a mechanical inertia switch most are electronic now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
3008 Hybrid 4 - Engine fault

Hi Guys,

I bought this car from salvage company to repair and keep it, they sold it as non starter, the battery went flat, I recharged it put it on, try to restart but its not starting at all, its just giving the message 'engine fault need repair' any idea?

thanks
J

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Hi Guys,

I bought this car from salvage company to repair and keep it, they sold it as non starter, the battery went flat, I recharged it put it on, try to restart but its not starting at all, its just giving the message 'engine fault need repair' any idea?

thanks
J
What car model and year
What engine
Does the engine turn with starter or not.......

·
2,977 Posts
I doubt very much that the car will be an easy repair as I think someone prior to the salvage company had checked it out and gave up because of expensive issues..If it was an easy fix they would have done it....good luck tho

1 - 7 of 7 Posts