Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased (10 days ago) as a private sale, not from a peugeot dealer, but from a peugeot salvage/specailist a 307 sw 2.0 hdi xsi 136 bhp, 55 reg, with 35500 miles on the clock.
Today on driving home the "diesel engine low coolant level warning light" came on. On checking the expansion tank I found oil in with the water, to be honest it was more like oil than water. Any ideas apart from the head gasket having gone?
And do you think I've got any legal rights with only having purchased it less than 2 weeks ago, even though it was bought as sold as seen.

Any help or info would be greatly welcome.

·
Registered
118 Posts
With it being 2 weeks past the sale - and being a private sale, I don't think you will have much chance of any help from them.

Yes - I think head gasket too (or at least I hope so).

What may have happened, is the guy flushed the coolant, then added a sealer to it - and sold it on without a proper repair.

You can tell if you drop the bottom hose and drain the coolant - look for any red lumps or what looks like rusty water.

If you have just bought the car, it is a very good idea to change the cam belt, and AUX belt as a matter of course. As these would need to be replaced anyway when doing head gaset, you may as well do all three together.

When that's done, do the fluids and filters and you should be good to go.

Sorry that you got stuck with this - but there are some dodgey dealers around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts