Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

When driving home from work this evening, my pug felt really sluggish (especially when going uphill) and though the engine was running quite happily, it had no "boost".

Wondering if it's a turbo problem, as there's no whistling coming from it.:nono:

Any ideas what it could be?

It's a 2.0 HDI, there's no warning lights, no smoke or leaks. Just as if the car is a normal diesel without a turbo.

Thanks,

Tij

·
Registered
263 Posts
There is a heck of a lot of things it could be, ranging from a 2 minute fix, to £££££££.
Best bet is to get a diagnostic scan done and see what it comes back with.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought might be on the cards. Ok, I'll get it checked out.

Out of interest, what would the simple things to check be? Hoses and that sort of thing?

Tij

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Morning.

Plugged my scanner into the reader prot this morning and it has come back with the following error code:- P0299 "Turbo Super Charger Underboost"

Would that point to a sensor or a loose pipe ?

Tij

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
This code pertains to the turbo housing resonator which makes the turbo quiet. Normally, the part is broken into to 2 parts which are glued together. This is the source of the problem, the glue usually fails and this affects the turbo pressure which is usually needed in going uphill. The part can be bought from the dealer or check your after market supplier of this turbo model. On some European cars, this P0299 fault code can also mean that the waste gate solenoid actuator is defective. As such, it could cause turbo inactivity causing the engine to loose power. To check, test the wirings of the turbo waste gate solenoid and the vacuum supply to the actuator. If OK, the most common fix is to replace the waste gate solenoid.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for your answer.

I've just tried calling my dealer parts dept and they've never heard of one! They say is it the Air meter?!

The bit that fits between the airbox and the turbo?!

Is that what I'm looking for?

Sorry for the questions, but I'm used to playing with classic Alfas instead of pug diesels!

Tij

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A mate of mine came over earlier to look at the stricken pug, and plugged his bigger and better scanner in to the diag port.

Error was still cleared, but it was indicating a butterfly not working.

We then plugged his vacuum gun into the bottom of the vacuum valve (located between the intercooler and the turbo intake manifold, and sure enough it appeared to be leaking!

Question is, do I buy new or grab one from a breaker on ebay for around £30?

I guess there's a risk with everything, but how do I know the second hand part won't be duff as well?!

Tij

J

·
0 Posts
A lot of breakers will offer some sort of warranty on mechanical parts these days, even if its only 30 days. Find one that does, and you'll be alright :thumb:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, this seller has offered 30 days warranty with the part.

I've bitten the bullet and bought it!

Hopefully this will be the end of the turbo woe!:thumb:

Tij

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well the part arrived, I tested it to see if there was any leaks and it was ok. Put it on the car, but there is still no turbo. I did notice that one of the pipes that leads down to the boost valves (or that's what I think they are) is a bit on the oily side. Could it be a problem in that area too?

Are they boost valves? located just behind the rad.

Tij

1 - 15 of 15 Posts