Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all i was wishing for some help i have a 306 tu engine 1.4 it had a leek in the rad on the m40 i got it home ok it over heated so i stop the car and fill it up again so i put a new radiator in it ever since that it. will all ways over heat so i look it some where and thay checked it and thay said yep it the head gasket so i got all the pats new head gasket set new water pump and timing belt and 3 new thermostat new antifreeze got the head skim put it all back toghter on it doing the same thing as before just over heating more on going up hill so i re bleed it with the coke bottle trick but the same so i took the thermostat out and it run fine not i dont get any hot air in the cap when on a long run ony get hot air when it ticking over so i put a nother thermostat in thinking it will be ok now but it still the same ive had ppl looking at it thay dont know what it cued be so plz can some one help:mad:

·
Registered
903 Posts
I'm trying to think of suggestions that have not already been mentioned in your ongoing thread on Pistonheads.I think it's all been said.

So you have bled it thoughrely via the taps on the top of the rad',stat housing,and heater hose at the bulk head.
Firstly is it really overheating? What I mean is have you checked it with another temperature gauge.

If it's still overheating you will have to go back through all the work that's been done.Start with the thermostat? it may be faulty,the wrong one,jammed.
Same with water pump,it can't be jammed otherwise the cam belt would have stripped,but the impeller could be faulty.They are plastic and I have known them to slip off the shaft.
The last resort is wip the head back off to see if anything stupid has happened.
Wrong gasket,incorrectly fitted etc etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi thank u so much yh i trid it all what u said the only thing i ant tryed is tak the water pump out but i cant under stand why it ony over heats when im doing about 70mph but tick over it fine and the fan cut in fine

·
Registered
903 Posts
The faster you go the more the coolant needs to be cooled. The coolant is not getting round fast enough.
By the way dazza,is there something wrong with your key board? Your typing is looking strange and is difficult to understand.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry i was typing in the dark and yh i know but i had someone to look at it and thay said the rad is fine... so it must be the head then?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
If your sure the engine is not still pressurising the coolant system then i would say the water pump would be my next check too.

If that checks out then im not sure as you have done all the usual things

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey guys just a up date on things i was under the car to day and i was looking around for leaks and i saw the bottom hose and i squeeze the bottom hose and i could here air bubbles coming out off end off the hose and i fort yhhhhhhhh i fond the problem so i had to take off all the inlet to get to it and i saw air coming out but i fix it as the clip was not on right so i put it back and re filled it and bleed it took it on the a27 70 mph the temp got up to 98 so it still the same but a bit better

so it not over heating now it just high temp when going fast

1 - 12 of 12 Posts