Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ive had my car for 5 years now apart from some electrical peroblems runs great .
The reverse light is terrible because of the color of the lens .has little clear holes but the white light is dire . is there anyway to make the lens clear from the inside cant see a thing when in reverse 307 sw 2006 .really bad design .

Cheers ken :thumb:

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
My o4 plate hatch is very similar. I get little illumination from the reversing light. The restyle hatch was fitted with better rear lamp clusters than the originals so I suspect the same would hold for the SW's. The only suggestion I could think of would be after market lamp clusters but some insurance companies like to charge extra on the premium as they supposedly make the car more likely to be stolen or vandalised.

S

·
0 Posts
I tried LED's in my reverse light a while back

Even the canbus error free ones gave off a dim glow when not in use so I had to swap them back out

That being said they were ebay cheapies so the chance of them being proper canbus error free ones is slim! :lol:

plus led bulbs like that tend to direct the light around the sides rather than straight out of the back, so it wasn't any brighter than a normal bulb for me!

P

·
0 Posts
Hi all ive had my car for 5 years now apart from some electrical peroblems runs great .
The reverse light is terrible because of the color of the lens .has little clear holes but the white light is dire . is there anyway to make the lens clear from the inside cant see a thing when in reverse 307 sw 2006 .really bad design .

Cheers ken :thumb:
I assume with you have a 2006 model you already have the redesigned rear lights? If so do they just need a scrubbing somewhere? I recently changed my standard 2002 version brake lights for the refurb version and thought they were 10 times brighter.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I assume with you have a 2006 model you already have the redesigned rear lights? If so do they just need a scrubbing somewhere? I recently changed my standard 2002 version brake lights for the refurb version and thought they were 10 times brighter.
No its a 307sw with a crappy reverse light worst ive seen on a car clean and grim fee just a bad design
Ken

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried LED's in my reverse light a while back

Even the canbus error free ones gave off a dim glow when not in use so I had to swap them back out

That being said they were ebay cheapies so the chance of them being proper canbus error free ones is slim! :lol:

plus led bulbs like that tend to direct the light around the sides rather than straight out of the back, so it wasn't any brighter than a normal bulb for me!
Cheers stubbo i thought it would be a lost cause terrible design for a reverse light ???? Mustt have been drunk when they drew the plan up for this one
Ken

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I always thought the reversing light was just an indicator for people behind you, not to illuminate what's behind you. :confused:
your right gibbo but helps in bad lit areas . But its so dull no one knows your reversing ?? Real bad .
When reverse off my drive at night cant see a thing .past cars have the white light which is great for reverse parking at night .but not this light ive had to use break lights to make sure how far i am away from things . Just very poor .even comments people say your reverse light is broken . Never get flashed out from parking in places like morrisons because they dont know its on reverse lol . Pants all round
Ken

P

·
0 Posts
Very very strange. My reverse light is very light now i use the newer style. Not a bad bulb or something is it?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
p 21 w

Hi just a standard P21 W bulb put a new one in still rubbish its the coloured lens get down on your knees and you can see slightly brighter , should have been a clear lens , bad design .. got a few people to look at it and its all the same( quote is that a reverse light on, its broken etc etc )
:mad:

P

·
0 Posts
Hi just a standard P21 W bulb put a new one in still rubbish its the coloured lens get down on your knees and you can see slightly brighter , should have been a clear lens , bad design .. got a few people to look at it and its all the same( quote is that a reverse light on, its broken etc etc )
:mad:
I think your expecting to much from a single bulb. Meant to give others drivers indication of what you are doing, not for lighting a massive amount of area.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
but its not letting other drivers know I am reversing because of the coloured lens . def not expecting to much !!!

P

·
0 Posts
but its not letting other drivers know I am reversing because of the coloured lens . def not expecting to much !!!
Are drivers getting out of their cars to tell you this? I have the same lights, they are more then adequate when sat in a car behind that the car is going to reverse.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Apart from freinds... yes one driver did mention to me by the way i think your reverse light is broken ????
Its a pants reverse light you have to be directly behind it to see it cars coming from the side only see the coloured lens . Cant tell me its a good design far from it .
Had it for five years just wanted to see if someone knew a way of making it better ..!!
End of .......

1 - 18 of 18 Posts