Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Can someone advise me. I have a 307SW 2005.
Need to change rear wheel bearings urgently, is it easy or a mare. I am very experienced with car servicing but Peugeot is new to me, do not want to start and strip it to find it has torx fittings or some strange french specalist tool. Also I live in Dubai so parts an issue, I must order the right ones whilst in UK. Any help appreciated. I can only say it has disks on the back. Chassis. no VF33HRFNF5S011040. Not a job I want to trust to a garage here.

Thanks 1st time user of forum

·
Registered
648 Posts
According to the VIN you have the rear disks with the bearings integrated (like mine). You'll need new discs and I'd advise changing the pads too. Part no. 424934 Pads 425467. You'll need brake caliper rewind tool, a 36mm socket for the hub nut and either a large mallet or a puller to get the disc of the axle stub. Oh and a pair of pliers to remove the slackened handbrake cable from each caliper and copper grease of course.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx Eccles

Thanx for the info. I do not have a rewind tool here but sure I can aquire one. Do you know if you can press the bearing out of the disk or disk cx is only option. thanx again. Suspect this will not be a cheap fix.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts