Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
307cc 2.0 HDI 136bhp, 6speed box, year 06,
Replacing the starter today and accidentally hit and broke the part between the clutch hard line and the slave cylinder, it seams to be a slow return valve? Can't get the part in any of the local motor stores and I can't find it on the net, also done ever car in a breaker yard today looking for one.
The nearest peugeot dealer is around 70mile round trip

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the part number in the picture (PA66-GF35) only come back as the slave cylinder any pictures that I can find of a new slave cylinder don't have that part attached. any help would be great.

·
Registered
364 Posts
There may be a member on here that can tell you, otherwise have a look at Peugeot Service Box. Unfortunately my local Pug agent won't give out part numbers and that is what they advised me to do.

·
11,791 Posts
Which branch? I've always found Windsors at Wallasey good for printing off pages of diagrams and part numbers from Servicebox, before I got my own login.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
A peak torque limiter as a part of clutch hydraulics?. I've never heard of this before, can someone enlighten me as to how it works and why it is necessary?.

Roger.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It acts like as soft closing door mechanism, it stops the clutch engaging too quickly by slowing the return of fluid to the upper parts of the hydraulic system(I would call it a slow return valve myself ) but peak torque limiter seams to be the technical name for it.
I was dubious when I heard the name of this Component as I am training as a mechanic and have not seen one. Peugeot won't sell it on its own it comes as part of the clutch control line and are looking £90+ for it maybe that why even pug and Citroën that I looked at I the breakers yard just had the stright pipe to slave cylinder, that what I ended up doing, but I had to use larger o rings to seal properly. Took the car out for a long run around town with plenty of gear changes a d it feels 110%

·
Registered
14,646 Posts
I think they are only fitted to the 136 engines as I have seen the part before but as you say not all have it

They may be fitted to these models as these models also have the self adjusting clutch cover which the lower power models do not have might be to stop the cover adjusting constantly as it would keep pressure on it all the time.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Peak torque limiters are moveable orifices within the hydraulic line which reduce the volume flow during clutch engagement. They protect the drive train from overload caused by a sudden clutch engagement, e.g. if
the driver?s foot slips off the clutch pedal. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Jc0LG7cHfeI/UI3QGC9RKWI/AAAAAAAAAeA/UJbVE9EwLz0/s1600/peak+torque+limiter.jpg
Peak torque limiter. Moveable orifices inside the hydraulic line control the flow volume when the clutch is engaged at high speeds.
1 Moveable orifice
2 Housing

·
Registered
364 Posts
Hi Gibbo it was Windsors of Wallasey that won't give part numbers any more. They gave two reasons firstly they kept getting inundated with people requesting part numbers and never buying parts from them and why should they do the legwork for another supplier and secondly even giving the part number had led to people being incorrectly supplied and they had got the blame. When I explained to them the arrangement I had with Lookers for my Vauxhall where I would buy what I could from them I was told that they had tried that with people and it didn't work and was advised to use service box. Got to admit that agent attitude was the main reason why I have stuck with Vauxhalls. Thought Windsors would be better than Hall motors were because they were diabolical and when I had the Mondeo I got a similar attitude from Blakes. Windsors used to be quite good years ago too, they used to be very helpful when I had the the Maestro. Think they've probably just got too many agencies on the one site now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts