Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 3008 sat nav screen is shows TMC on the lower right hand corner but my local Peugeot dealer where I purchased the car insists that this is tom tom.What can I do.Thanks.

·
Registered
853 Posts
On my 3008 sat nav screen is shows TMC on the lower right hand corner but my local Peugeot dealer where I purchased the car insists that this is tom tom.What can I do.Thanks.
Take it back and if you have the Telematics handbook show him/her page 30 where it clearly shows Tom Tom Traffic as opposed to TMC. If you find the Tomtom Live Service thread on here it tells you where to download the Telematics handbook if the dealer didn't give you one.

The Tomtom needs to be activated by the dealer once you sign the contract. If you want speed camera warnings you have to pay extra.

Reactions: mike49

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
take it back and if you have the telematics handbook show him/her page 30 where it clearly shows tom tom traffic as opposed to tmc. If you find the tomtom live service thread on here it tells you where to download the telematics handbook if the dealer didn't give you one.

The tomtom needs to be activated by the dealer once you sign the contract. If you want speed camera warnings you have to pay extra.
many thanks.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I've just posted something on the Live Services thread so it's at the top of the forum page at the moment. Easier for you to find.

Reactions: mike49

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
If you find the Tomtom Live Service thread on here it tells you where to download the Telematics handbook if the dealer didn't give you one.
I've just posted something on the Live Services thread so it's at the top of the forum page at the moment. Easier for you to find.
Yorky, the Audio & Telematics Manual has always been available from my sticky 'Quick Links'. :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
As has been said, Tom Tom needs to be activated by your dealer. You dealer is correct that TMC is Tom Tom but you should have Tom Tom Live services. Once activated, there are a few simple steps to take and you will be up and running.
This has been a major issue which has been addressed many times on this forum where you will find lots of useful advice.
At the moment, this is down to your dealer not having activated the service.
Best of luck :thumb:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As has been said, Tom Tom needs to be activated by your dealer. You dealer is correct that TMC is Tom Tom but you should have Tom Tom Live services. Once activated, there are a few simple steps to take and you will be up and running.
This has been a major issue which has been addressed many times on this forum where you will find lots of useful advice.
At the moment, this is down to your dealer not having activated the service.
Best of luck :thumb:
Thanks Mate,back to the dealers this Friday and will post on here how I got on.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Taking my car in next Monday, the dealer has just received the emails from Peugeot telling him how to do it!!!!! We are talking Evans Halshaw, not exactly a bomb site dealer, Oh well, he is updating to latest software version as well for i-cockpit, so I will be taking in the info from this Forum from earlier this week.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Mate,back to the dealers this Friday and will post on here how I got on.
Well went back to my dealers this morning and still no joy.Still saying that after testing, sat nav is working correctly.After a heated conversation sales manager said he would send by email a link to access tom tom.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Well went back to my dealers this morning and still no joy.Still saying that after testing, sat nav is working correctly.After a heated conversation sales manager said he would send by email a link to access tom tom.
Firstly are you absolutely sure that the dealer has not registered the Tom Tom? If so, he is the one who needs to register the Tom Tom & then you need to go through some simple steps to set it up in the car. There has been a long thread on this.
How long have you had the car? If less than a month you can take it back for a full refund! Use that one when you visit next. Should kickstart the dealer into sorting out the issue.
You could always find another Peugeot dealer who could help, using the old,'I will use you for servicing & repairs but let's see if you know how to sort this first', as a tester.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
This video from Peugeot France talks you through the process of checking the connected services are live, including how to force them:

Do you have the Tomtom Traffic icon showing on the bottom right corner of your map?

You can switch on very good English subtitles and follow the whole procedure.

One thing to do as well, is make sure you are in a good signal area, so the car can pickup correctly.

My Peugeot dealer had already done all this before I took delivery, so I just had to sign the free 3 year contract paperwork and everything was done.

It is possible however, as a few people on this forum have found, that the car requires major intervention from Peugeot technicians to get it working (or not)! My dealer said most work quickly, others take longer. Clearly some don't work at all! Its a key feature of the car, so you must get it working.

Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
338 Posts
This video from Peugeot France talks you through the process of checking the connected services are live, including how to force them:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNrrpCBtkJY

Do you have the Tomtom Traffic icon showing on the bottom right corner of your map?

You can switch on very good English subtitles and follow the whole procedure.

One thing to do as well, is make sure you are in a good signal area, so the car can pickup correctly.

My Peugeot dealer had already done all this before I took delivery, so I just had to sign the free 3 year contract paperwork and everything was done.

It is possible however, as a few people on this forum have found, that the car requires major intervention from Peugeot technicians to get it working (or not)! My dealer said most work quickly, others take longer. Clearly some don't work at all! Its a key feature of the car, so you must get it working.

Please keep us posted.
The signing of a 3 yr contract varies from dealer to dealer, reading what is on here. I certainly haven't signed a contract. I bought the car & was told that I would have Tom Tom Live services. No contract. It was all part of the deal. Why do customers have to sign a contract? Is the contract with Tom Tom or Peugeot? There should be some sort of level playing field with regards to this issue but obviously Peugeot and dealers ought to have got their act together by now.
I had to inform my dealer of the issues raised on this forum and as a result one of the staff I dealt with was sent on a course. Until then, nothing! At least now the dealership knows what to do re the Tom Tom :thumb:

·
Registered
226 Posts
Why do customers have to sign a contract?
I was told it is necessary (everyone 'should' sign it) to comply with privacy laws, you are giving permission for the use of the data being transmitted by your vehicle e.g. position & speed for traffic analysis (Mobile SIM tracking) position using SOS and Assistance button etc - in effect it covers their backside - that's what I was told anyway, so I signed it :eek:

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I was told it is necessary (everyone 'should' sign it) to comply with privacy laws, you are giving permission for the use of the data being transmitted by your vehicle e.g. position & speed for traffic analysis (Mobile SIM tracking) position using SOS and Assistance button etc - in effect it covers their backside - that's what I was told anyway, so I signed it :eek:
:thumb:

Yep I was told exactly the same. Its a legal requirement to do with tracking and sharing of data as Tell has said.

The seven page document which I signed on handover, which I have a copy of, is a formal contract between you and Peugeot UK (Coventry). It has printed my full details, VIN, contract start date/end date etc. for Navigation Services @ £0.00GBP for 3 years. It maybe our data protection/legal rules that dictate this is supposed to be in place in the UK.

Reactions: Tell

·
Registered
338 Posts
From what I have gathered from reading the posts on here, some dealers require contracts signed others don't. There seems to be no median :rolleyes:
In the Peugeot/Tom Tom world, the word cohesion is absent from the alphabet. Optimistically, the two parties, Peugeot in particular, will get their act together sooner rather than later. Besides, I want my mate Beards, and everyone else, to benefit from all this :nod: Oh, yes!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Many thanks All for your suggestions and help but am just about at the end of my tether trying to get through to the Dealer.I am disabled and deaf and purchased the car some 8 weeks ago on the Motability scheme.As i have a job communicating they are just fobbing me off.Have now email Peugeot customer services and hope they can sort this for me.Really love this car and all I want is my Tom Tom traffic working.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Many thanks All for your suggestions and help but am just about at the end of my tether trying to get through to the Dealer.I am disabled and deaf and purchased the car some 8 weeks ago on the Motability scheme.As i have a job communicating they are just fobbing me off.Have now email Peugeot customer services and hope they can sort this for me.Really love this car and all I want is my Tom Tom traffic working.
Mike, your situation here is dreadful. Eight weeks, is just not acceptable to not have this feature working (and it is a notable feature of our cars).

Peugeot Customer services are not known to be very good either. I've had experience of the Citroen side of their 'Customer Service' and all they ever seem to do is push you back to your dealer. Oh and never return calls when promised.

I do think you may have more luck if you visit another Peugeot dealer, and in particular one who knows what they are doing and doesn't fob you off.

I am sure, we will all give you as much support and guidance on here to help. I'd go as far to say that I would happily speak on your behalf, with your preferred dealer to 'explain' and 'guide'.

Drop a PM through as to which dealer you are using, if you don't want to name them on here. My dealer was very knowledgeable when I queried before handover to ensure the Tomtom connected was all up and running. As was another dealer I first used.

Reactions: Blaugrana314

·
Registered
338 Posts
Mike, your situation here is dreadful. Eight weeks, is just not acceptable to not have this feature working (and it is a notable feature of our cars).

Peugeot Customer services are not known to be very good either. I've had experience of the Citroen side of their 'Customer Service' and all they ever seem to do is push you back to your dealer. Oh and never return calls when promised.

I do think you may have more luck if you visit another Peugeot dealer, and in particular one who knows what they are doing and doesn't fob you off.

I am sure, we will all give you as much support and guidance on here to help. I'd go as far to say that I would happily speak on your behalf, with your preferred dealer to 'explain' and 'guide'.

Drop a PM through as to which dealer you are using, if you don't want to name them on here. My dealer was very knowledgeable when I queried before handover to ensure the Tomtom connected was all up and running. As was another dealer I first used.
Great stuff, Bluehdi, totally agree with you. If I lived near mike49, I would only be too willing to lend a hand. Hope this all works out as on this occasion this particular dealer seems to be somewhat lacking in customer service.
Good luck guys :thumb:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.