Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, hope you are all well.

I've noticed a problem with my temp gauge and hoping one of you can point me in right direction as to where to start looking.

When starting from cold, my engine temp gauge used to take up to 4-5 minutes to rise to running temp, but now gets there VERY quickly and sits on about 94c and sits steady.

Now here goes the weird bit....................

However if you turn engine off and switch it back on again, within 10 seconds it's fallen back down to around 70c.

If you then drive again, it will not move a millimeter and even if you take it for a long drive (however long) it refuses to move off that mark???

Once the car sits still and idles, only THEN will it start to rise again, but usually only gets up to around 90c.

Any ideas please as to where to start with this?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just to update you guys, I tried resetting my ecu earlier by disconnecting the negative terminal, but to no avail.

Don't know if I have an ECU issue which is causing this because when key ignition is turned off and keys are removed, the dash sits for about a minute and the needles die (as they should) but jump back up again almost like it can't switch off/die.

When turning key back on, instead of getting ''oil ok'' etc it just goes straight to milometer, so something is telling me it's not switching off and resetting itself?

Also after a couple of minutes after switch off you should hear that electrical sound (as if it's shutting down) but not hearing this either?

Any suggestions please?

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
The BSI remains awake for quite a long time after removing the key. Once the mileage display goes out the BSI has gone into standby mode. If you turn off the ignition then turn it back on again it's likely not to display the 'Oil OK' message as it has no real need until it wakes up again after being in standby. I've noticed mine doesn't show if I turn off and on again quickly. As for the temperature display - it could be the pointer sticking or maybe something jamming the actuator.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The BSI remains awake for quite a long time after removing the key. Once the mileage display goes out the BSI has gone into standby mode. If you turn off the ignition then turn it back on again it's likely not to display the 'Oil OK' message as it has no real need until it wakes up again after being in standby. I've noticed mine doesn't show if I turn off and on again quickly. As for the temperature display - it could be the pointer sticking or maybe something jamming the actuator.

Cheers for that.

As I say I'm not getting any over heating or anything like that, so it's very strange.

Anybody else who could help with this?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts