Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just had a go at replacing the rhs top engine mount.

The new mount does not have the silver arm that connects to the engine block so i've removed it from the old mount and am now trying to force it in to the new mount. Is there an easy way to do this other than hammer it in with brute force? I'm wary that I may damage the new mount?

any advice would be appreciated

cheers

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've just fitted all new bushes in my suspension and anti roll bars on my motorhome and I really struggled with some of them it was cold weather. I found warming the bushes up with a hot air gun (not too close) or to make the rubber more plyable helped along with spraying some silicon spray on them, or you could use washing up liquid as suggested.

Not sure what the pieces look like as I have only just got my first Peugeot but I would probably put the metal bit in a vice and work the rubber onto that, hope this helps/works

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. In the end used fairly liquid and an old vice I'd forgotten about in the back of the garage. hardest job was trying to get it back on theres not much room with the timing belt cover. Anyway done now.

car drives a lot better now but still some vibration when switching off? top mount is new Lemforder, rear mount is powerflex.

Do you think gearbox mount will make much difference? Is this a straightforward job?

Cheers

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thanks for the replies. In the end used fairly liquid and an old vice I'd forgotten about in the back of the garage. hardest job was trying to get it back on theres not much room with the timing belt cover. Anyway done now.

car drives a lot better now but still some vibration when switching off? top mount is new Lemforder, rear mount is powerflex.

Do you think gearbox mount will make much difference? Is this a straightforward job?

Cheers
changing engine mounts made car drive better?

anyway im pretty sure there is always going to be some vibration when turning the engine off depending on how long it runs on. Sometimes mine will hardly run on and be gentle of others it will run on a bit longer and judder.

Apart from that the engine is actually pretty quiet for a diesel especially when traveling at motorway speeds 50mph cant really here the engine, 70mph a faint hum

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
changing engine mounts made car drive better?
Yes hardly any vibration when driving and car feels more solid.

I think the rear engine mount is the gearbox mount
There are three mounts top rhs and rear, I've changed both, and bottom lhs under battery.

Is anyone able to advise me if the gearbox mount (left hand side under battery) is a straightforward job?

cheers

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
If you managed the o/s mount then the gearbox mount shouldn't be too much of a challenge. You will need to disconnect and remove the battery, so be sure to follow the correct procedures for disconnecting and reconnecting it.
My wifes 307 diesel shudders a bit when switching the engine off. It has for the last 10 years and 196k miles. In that time I have needed to replace the o/s mounting at around 190k I think. I don't recall any difficulty with the job.

Roger.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Yup....its a doddle. :)
Something im considering doing aswell. The mount is cheap. Looked into it and it doesnt look to difficult just have to support the gear box.

I get a clunk somethings when shifting either out of gear or into the next gear and my clutch hasnt been smooth enough. its a soft quiet clunk.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts