Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all..
Driving along yesterday up hill when all of a sudden my car started to sound like a speedboat.
I pulled into the nearest car park and my exhaust was almost on the floor.
I called my friend who knows more about cars then i ever will and he tied it up to ensure I got home in it. I have rang several garages today regarding the problem and I have been told by kwik fit I need a new back box totally 92.00 for three year guarantee included. ( I should think so at that price )!!!
I have now been told by another garage that the part in question is only 22.00.
and another says I only need a bracket?!
Now who is telling the truth.... who do I trust!?!! :confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is what has happened here too.

I am not sure what to do and who is the honest one. I have a newborn so i dont want to risk anything but at the same time no one likes being ripped off,:confused::confused::(

·
12,101 Posts
Best thing to do is to get underneath and post some pictures and we can advise.

I don't want to slander KF but past experience shows they err on the side of caution and recommend new parts.

If the mount points are in good condition then I'd just replace the clamp. No point throwing money at a part that still has life left in it.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
My back box fell off when I took the rubber mounts off to refit the heatshield. Like Gibbo's, the clamp had rusted through but on mine, the pipe into the baffle had also rusted through and had been patched up previously with an exhaust bandage. I fitted a new box which cost me £44 and a couple of quid for a tube of joint sealing compund.

·
6,468 Posts
My wife's 107 did the same and my son who works at a Citroen garage says it very common on 107/C1 for O/S exhaust box bracket to rust through. I got a box from ECP in the sale and it was about £27 took about 15 mins to fit

1 - 7 of 7 Posts