Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been having problems with my 307 2.0 HDI 110bhp. I was getting the engine management-light and antipollution errors also sometimes unblock diesel filter. So this week I had the DFP removed, had the Ecu sorted and a remap !!

Has this resolved the issue you may ask ?? No it has not :-(

But to clarify !! I am not getting the above faults on the dash anymore !! So I believe the DPF removal sorted that side of it....

Basically the problem i have is that the car won't rev past 2600rpm in any gear, it pulls the car speed down the more we rev at this point, interestly it only seems to do it on a cold start up, then as soon as the temp reaches normal level, the power kicks back in and off she goes !!!

I don't know what else to do... I'm gunna have my mates garage connect to it next week see if any errors come up, as I don't know if its anything to do with the MAF sensor ??

I'm also going to give it a full service, air filter, oil filter. Oil change and engine additive to see if this helps at all.... If anyone can give me any ideas from having the same problems maybe, then that would be a great help !!

I'm new to the forum, so apologies if I have put this in the wrong place !!

·
Registered
50 Posts
It may have been remapped... but you need PP2000 to switch the FAP of in the bsi of the car also...
if this hasnt been done... then i would hazzard a guess at thats why your experiancing a problem...?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No worries guys, should have some codes on Monday when I go to a friends garage. Then I will update... This vehicle has done 176,000 mile and she is not going to pack in on me now, I simply won't allow it, ha.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
any AP faults is not always down to the FAP/DPF filter, as said above the EGR or Turbo sensor could be your fault then again ive seen a few 110 with a faulty turbo sensor and still have full revs

car on the computer will tell you more

·
Registered
343 Posts
It sounds like a sensor, what about the one near where the particle filter is, what happened to it? I believe even though you've removed the filter out has to remain plugged in? All stabs in the dark mind.

Anyway I asked because I am interested in when you had to deal with the DPF. Mines 135k with no issues yet so looks like I'm awaiting it... great

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Toyota Carinna sold with 200k (guy bought it for a gas conversion)
307 1.4hdi sold with 256k (remapped)
307 1.4hdi with 183k (still have it , remapped aswell)
407 1.6hdi 133k (still have it, remapped aswell)

My goal is to get every car i have to 200k+ before it goes :thumb:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When the DPF was removed so was anything that was related to it, removed or hidden from the ECU. The engine was remapped too and any error codes showing before have now gone :lol:

I'm hoping that on Monday it will be the maf sensor... After reading other posts with the same limp mode issues ( and believe me there is a lot of them :lol: ) I'm going to unplug it and see if this gives the power back as this has worked for many people... Surely it's worth a try ??

I am keeping my 307 ( aka : Katy ) until late 2014 at which point she will have done 225,000 mile.... If she has not totally ruined my life by then with error codes a may well keep her longer as she is a great work horse....

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Toyota Carinna sold with 200k (guy bought it for a gas conversion)
307 1.4hdi sold with 256k (remapped)
307 1.4hdi with 183k (still have it , remapped aswell)
407 1.6hdi 133k (still have it, remapped aswell)

My goal is to get every car i have to 200k+ before it goes :thumb:
Makes me feel better about my car. Wasn't sure if I should have bought it with 113k on the clock but it ran well on the test drive. Now has 118k on the clock after 2 months and still running well. getting around 56 MPG mainly motorway and seeing figures like these gives me hope that it will last a fair bit longer. I've no service history but intend to make sure it's looked after from now on.

·
Registered
151 Posts
These hdi lumps aren't run in until 100k+ :)

Ive drove a couple at the 180k miles in old xantia's and they were both sweet as, seemed to go better than my 78k lump lol

D

·
0 Posts
My Partner has 218k mls. Running like a clock. The body will fall apart before the engine calves. Its a Scottish import so salt has it nearly killed.

Sent from my GT-S5690

1 - 20 of 25 Posts