Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

The drivers door on my 307 SE 5DR is not shutting smoothly and has to be slammed shut.

My wife was getting out of the car when a freak gust of wind caught hold of the door and opened it fully with some force (dragged my wife out of the car as she held onto the door!).

The door does close but its not smooth and you have to use some force to shut it fully. The door must be out of alignment but I don't know what to check or how to fix.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Close the door all the way after slamming it shut and check the gaps on top and bottom, see the difference. then open the door, but leave it almost closed and see the alignment. you might have to jump on it a bit, those are hard buggers. also check the hinges see if there is any visible deformation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Close the door all the way after slamming it shut and check the gaps on top and bottom, see the difference. then open the door, but leave it almost closed and see the alignment. you might have to jump on it a bit, those are hard buggers. also check the hinges see if there is any visible deformation.
cheers

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi,

The drivers door on my 307 SE 5DR is not shutting smoothly and has to be slammed shut.

My wife was getting out of the car when a freak gust of wind caught hold of the door and opened it fully with some force (dragged my wife out of the car as she held onto the door!).

The door does close but its not smooth and you have to use some force to shut it fully. The door must be out of alignment but I don't know what to check or how to fix.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
You have obviously stressed the hinges.

best way is to use a short length of 4x2 timber and place it in the hinge opening and push on the door a little at a time.....do this to both hinges, checking for alignment and how the door closes.
When it's right, you should be able to close the door without any force or springing back.
This is a body builders dodge from way back which was used by all the manufacturers at some stage ;o))

Cheers,
Peppipug

1 - 4 of 4 Posts