Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Thank you for looking.

I am about to buy a 06 facelift model of the 307cc 1.6 for my wife. We 've drove the car and it fits the bill, but one thing that was concerning me and my wife when we drove it was the clutch/biting point was really high - is this just how it is in 1.6 ? would a 2.0 'bite' better or is the clutch about to go?

Thank you

D

·
0 Posts
Hi,

Thank you for looking.

I am about to buy a 06 facelift model of the 307cc 1.6 for my wife. We 've drove the car and it fits the bill, but one thing that was concerning me and my wife when we drove it was the clutch/biting point was really high - is this just how it is in 1.6 ? would a 2.0 'bite' better or is the clutch about to go?

Thank you
How high in relation to the brake pedal?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi David,

thanks for your reply.

Not sure in relation to brake pedal, but it was high enough for it to make partner not feel safe pulling out of the junction to get the biting point. i did point this out to the garage but they told me its normal for this type of vehicle to have a high biting point.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
also , my partner has drove other 307's whilst we 've been looking for one and this one she had this problem with.

thanks

D

·
0 Posts
It is pretty much the same in them all. The 1.6 is very underpowered for the weight of the car also. What kind of a car did she have before the cc?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its was a ford kuga, but she had drove a 307cc hdi with similar mileage etc, and didn't feel as unsure as she did in the 1.6!

D

·
0 Posts
its was a ford kuga, but she had drove a 307cc hdi with similar mileage etc, and didn't feel as unsure as she did in the 1.6!
Its down to taste then isin't it. Its just a matter of getting used to also. Not all cars drive the same.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so you think its just because it under powered? would it be better getting the 2.0 petrol? can you tell me if they are really heavy on petrol?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
When I changed from the 1.6 to the 2.0 I felt the gears and clutch were alot different and took me a while to not jerk the car when changing up to second but have got use to it now:thumb:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
she does 50 miles a day mainly on the motorway, thats why i wanted to get a 1.6 as the diesel's are out of the price range!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Sorry I thought you were choosing between fuels.I guess it's really going to have to be a personal choice as to the engine you go for so.50 miles a day will be pricey in a 2.0 p in my opinion

1 - 14 of 14 Posts