Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone able to help. I need to find a clutch kit and flywheel for my 307 1.6 hdi 90bhp. I’ve tried so many places and no one seems to have a flywheel. Some are saying it’s a duel mass and some saying it’s solid flywheel. So I don’t actually know what to order or where to order from and it’s not something I want to ordering multiple of to see which one fits. Any help is appreciated. Cheers

·
8,672 Posts
Post last 8 digits of VIN and it maybe listed in the euro repair section of servicebox

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

·
8,672 Posts
Unfortunately it lists both solid and DMF for your car, so unless anyone has a paid Servicebox subscription or a friendly dealer to check the exact details it could be either

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately it lists both solid and DMF for your car, so unless anyone has a paid Servicebox subscription or a friendly dealer to check the exact details it could be either
Oh god. 😒 been trying to get one for a week now and need it doing ASAP. As need the car on the road as have a pregnant missus ready to drop. 😩

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
A good honest self owned garage should be able to undercut the "stealers" , at least the one I use does and I have given him lots of work!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would suggest going to a main dealer and asking for a quote to change the clutch. You should then know whether it is solid or duel mass.
I’ve tried I phones my local and they told me I need to visit the Peterborough dealer. That’s absolutely miles away from me.

·
Registered
495 Posts
A good honest self owned garage should be able to undercut the "stealers" , at least the one I use does and I have given him lots of work!
Totally agree with you. The reason I said a main dealer is that they should have up to date servicebox and be able to confirm what flywheel is fitted. After getting the quote he does not have to get the work done there.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just managed to get in though with them. They said they can only give me a quote and refused to give me any measurements or part numbers.

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
That's the "stealers" for you! Annoying money grabbers.. I will ask my go to garage if you like. They have my sons CVR at the moment replacing the clutch master cylinder and then the MOT.

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
I have had a word with General Traffic spares and he can tell from your reg no! Try a google search "gt traffic" to find your nearest dealer and see if that helps.

·
Registered
516 Posts
A decent local garage would be able to do the work for you. They can get parts on sale or return type of basis. In other words order a set for both types and return the other in non opened box(es) for a credit or money back.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have had a word with General Traffic spares and he can tell from your reg no! Try a google search "gt traffic" to find your nearest dealer and see if that helps.
I’ve called all the garages close to me and none of them can find a flywheel for my car even when I give them the part number. It’s only a part that can be purchased from Peugeot themselves. I’ve been in contact with another parts company and they’ve confirmed it’s a solid flywheel. I just need to find the measurements of the oem flywheel to know if a different engine model flywheel will fit or I just risk it and by a second hand one and hope it isn’t rattling like mine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quick question can the clutch itself rattle? Cos if so that might just be my issue and I’ve got a clutch ready to go in. My clutch bite is really high to the point I’m nearly off it for the car to want to move

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
If it is definitely a solid flywheel then it will probably be the clutch or even the clutch arm/bearing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts