Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
New to this forum, recently bought a Peugeot 207, it basically cranks and cranks but won't start.. I bought it from a guy I know who recently had it in at Peugeot, they replaced a crank sensor and carried out a wiring repair just from the crank sensor. They then informed him it needs an ecu 'to begin with'.. So I don't really think they fully know exactly what it is themselves
I've carried out a few checks myself, but thought I'd enquire for some advice.
So I removed the fuel pipe at the back of the engine and the fuel pump is pumping fuel, coil pack isn't sparking. Have taken the ECU out and it seems to have slight water stains down the back of it? Trouble code stored is to do with crankshaft sensor and it won't clear? Any help would be highly appreciated

·
Registered
364 Posts
You don't say how old or what mileage it has done, I'm assuming that the agents consider it an ecconomic write off at their prices. The first thing would be to hook it up to diagnostics but if agents have already looked at it it is not promising. See if there is a member on the Peugeot Planet list on this site that is local to you and speak to them. http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/maintenance-9/diagnostic-peugeot-planet-map-7734/ Sorry I can't really help further.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, new to all of this, it's a 2007 and has covered 65000 miles. Will check the map now and see.
Thanks for the swift reply

·
Registered
364 Posts
Sorry couldn't be of more help but some of these projects are not for the feint hearted. If you need to replace an ECU I would shop around some of these reman places first as the units will be probably involve less fiddling to fit and more likely to work properly.

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
Hi guys,
New to this forum, recently bought a Peugeot 207, it basically cranks and cranks but won't start.. I bought it from a guy I know who recently had it in at Peugeot, they replaced a crank sensor and carried out a wiring repair just from the crank sensor. They then informed him it needs an ecu 'to begin with'.. So I don't really think they fully know exactly what it is themselves
I've carried out a few checks myself, but thought I'd enquire for some advice.
So I removed the fuel pipe at the back of the engine and the fuel pump is pumping fuel, coil pack isn't sparking. Have taken the ECU out and it seems to have slight water stains down the back of it? Trouble code stored is to do with crankshaft sensor and it won't clear? Any help would be highly appreciated
quick simple check before anything
after trying to start turn off leaving key in ignition and open the drivers door, does the car beep to say the key is in the ignition?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts