Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I had a new sachs clutch fitted about 3 weeks ago as it has a sachs flywheel .. done around 470 miles , I had to take the car back a few days later as when you put your foot on the clutch with car running or off the pedal made and felt like a horrible rubbing noise , got the car back an hour later and clutch pedal felt fine ? the pedal is starting to have that rubbing type feeling although very mild . when I reverse or go into first gear at bitting point the car judders , you can actually see the front wheels juddering . I don't trust the guy who done the job as I feel he's done something wrong its a one man garage and he's had the car back a few times as he damaged the turbo clamp and it gased us in the cabin fumes stung your eyes he put a new clamp on which fixed that ... The clutch was brand new out the box as I bought it . any ideas why its starting to judder now and why the clutch pedal felt so bad to start with , def something wrong . I cant take the car back to this guy so please don't say it ... I do have other options but means forking out more money . 06 . 307 sw 1.6 hdi 110
Thanks Ken :mad:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dmf

no sorry the Dual mass flywheel has not been changed the guy said it was ok.
The clutch and flywheel in the car was a sachs from new .

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
the dmfs are so unreliable. could be another strip down

there shouldnt be much juddering on the dmf as thats what its there for

my missus 2.0hdi judders slightly but its a solid flywheel my 1.6hdi is smooth

could be possible clutch wasnt cleaned of grease. leaking crankcase seal. damaged pressure plate. dodge thrust bearing.

if its transferring to the driveshafts it cant be good

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
Now did he say the DMF was OK before you went out and bought the clutch kit?

If yes then how did he know for sure without removing the box ?
If no then what made you buy the clutch kit and not the DMF?

I've no experience of a DMF but I googled DMF before I knew what it was and the general consensus from both knowledgeable DIY mechanics and those in the trade was that it is better to change the clutch and DMF together.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
clutch / 307

Ive no idea I was going to get it checked this week and stripped down with a guy I wouldn't have any bother with ,
But car just stopped working altogether tonight went to pick someone up and when I turned the ignition on car wont turn over all you here is the injectors tapping , and the lights in the car flashing , no other noise .the battery is still got 12v + after a quick test , got towed home , can't believe my luck , now another problem starter wont turn just the inje tors tapping , I am totally lost need my car , as ive got serious hip probs , I had the money to get the clutch sorted again , but now I am lost and broke , :confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts