Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a problem with my electrics can anyone help in have a 807 executive 2005 and I'm in the south East England please help.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Tell us what the problem is! I'm not allowed to fix other people's cars until the bathroom is finished but can maybe point you in the right direction.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tell us what the problem is! I'm not allowed to fix other people's cars until the bathroom is finished but can maybe point you in the right direction.
Hi. Thank you very much for your information and help I'm in Gillingham kent

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi. Sorry is wonted to see if anyone is near Gillingham kent to help me with my wiring it has been burnt on my heater under the foot well but my heater fans still working sometimes but I need to now what is what to try to replace the burnt out wiring

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Blower has large and small cables, the large power the fan, the smaller ones feed the fan controller also known as hedgehogs because of the fins. The larger ones tend to fail where they connect to the blower outside or within the unit because the contacts get a bit loose and corroded over the years and this makes the blower draw more current which then overloads the contacts causing them to heat up and burn the insulation.
You need to remove the glovebox to get at the blower so you can see where it has failed and then either remake the contacts or get a s/h replacement.
Start by pulling off the chrome strip above, someone on Youtube will show you how.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you wynd I have already taken the glovebox off and revealed that the wiring loom has burnt out. I have got a s/h heater loom to replace it but it also has melted some wiring by the pillow in the foot well just above the fan which is a 6 or 8 pin white contactor hopefully I can put a picture on here

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you wynd I have already taken the glovebox off and revealed that the wiring loom has burnt out. I have got a s/h heater loom to replace it but it also has melted some wiring by the pillow in the foot well just above the fan which is a 6 or 8 pin white contactor hopefully I can put a picture on here

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

D

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Goodness that's bad, could be wrong but it looks like the main feed to the blower has shorted with the black earth causing the blower casing to catch fire and consequently damage adjacent wiring.
I think you can get away with unwrapping and inspecting all the affected wires in the vicinity and making necessary repairs by splicing in replacement sections with the same gauge with soldered joints and insulate with heat shrink, I would avoid Scotchloks as they are not 100% long term.
The wires that are twisted are the CAN network wires and replacements will need to be twisted in the same way.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thank you again in looked inside the gray contactor block and it looks like it also was burnt on the pins but the can't find the rest of it. just the wiring but not the other part. do you no what this powered as I have no wiring diagram.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
If there are no remains of the male side of the connector it's safe to say it is unused, maybe for an accessory on another model.
I realised that the cause is likely to be one of the main feeds to the fan inside the blower arcing starting the casing to burn. When our blower stopped working years ago I got it going again by taking it apart then opening and closing the main connectors between fan and hedgehog so they are prone to corrosion, worth doing this on your 'new' blower as we don't want a repeat performance!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you wynd I haven't got round to taking the fan out yet but all working sometimes and sometimes not but there's a lot of wiring burnt down you now where I can get a wiring diagram from to try and sort it out or my be a auto electrician near kent I have tried looking at the pp2000 locator but not working for me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Do you now if you have to disconnect the battery to do the wiring I am asking because I see something about a certain way of disconnecting the battery. The gray contactor block I'm not sure about as there is a small group of wires that seem to have the end burn off but cannot find the end the car was like this when I bought it but he said he didn't know what was wrong with the heater I didn't know until I took the glove box off to fix the problem so I'll have no choice except to get it sorted

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Best to disconnect the battery, there is a procedure to follow, basically shut the doors, leave the drivers window open and wait 5 mins or until the mileage display goes out then reach in & disconnect. Idea is to let the BSI go to sleep.
Wiring diagrams available by registering with Peugeot Servicebox but I would not bother as they are very hard to comprehend as displayed as separate line diagrams for lights, airbags, ecu's etc so in a given connector you might need to view 3 or more diagrams to see where all the wires in the block go to. Best to just repair every wire that is damaged.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OK thanks again I will have to get round to doing it soon. I will let you now how it's going thanks Steve

1 - 19 of 19 Posts