Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Please can someone give some advice?

I have a 2003, 307 16 petrol that just clicks and wont start. I called the AA out and was told that the alternator was on its way out and the Starter motor was getting stuck too. I have just had both replaced along with a new battery and still the car will not start via the key just clicks. If the car is jump started it starts straight away with just a few rolls of the wheels.

Please can I ask, has anyone else had the same issue or is there possibility a we may a missed a fuse or relay? I also have read some references to a shunt fuse. Could this be the problem? I will be very thankful for any help

Many thanks

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Hi, Please can someone give some advice?

I have a 2003, 307 16 petrol that just clicks and wont start. I called the AA out and was told that the alternator was on its way out and the Starter motor was getting stuck too. I have just had both replaced along with a new battery and still the car will not start via the key just clicks. If the car is jump started it starts straight away with just a few rolls of the wheels.

Please can I ask, has anyone else had the same issue or is there possibility a we may a missed a fuse or relay? I also have read some references to a shunt fuse. Could this be the problem? I will be very thankful for any help

Many thanks
check the engine earth, you can do this by using a jump lead and connecting it to the engine and the battery minus

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Thank you for your swift response. I'll give that a try when I get home from work. Thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts