Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I have a 307 1.6. 54 plate which needs a new starter motor. Eurocar parts give me 2 options. The main difference being the fitment notes at the bottom. One states ignition switch terminal is 6.4mm blade the other option states ignition terminal m5 stud...does anyone know which I need?
Any help greatly appreciated!
Kind regards, Zoe

·
Registered
296 Posts
Its hard to say without you getting underneath and having a look

Me I would get the ring terminal as long as the new starter motor comes with the nuts as you can easily adapt the eyelet fitting to a male terminal with the fabrication of a small adaptor lead .... if you have the tools and equipment

or you can cut the ring terminal off and fit a female 6.3 sheathed connector

Buy both and take back the one you don't use ? for a refund

Most starter motors come with adaptors to do both ... seems strange to high light that for an ignition wire

Maybe they are trying to save costs.... hence why check the starter comes with nuts ... last couple I have changed have never had them ?

If your going to fit this at home ... you must have some tools

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
Most are m5 stud nowadays but some are spade both starters are the same other than the trigger wire connector

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahh thanks for the replies! I am literally clueless, it’ll be my brother changing it over. Though he went through a different parts place and the one suggested doesn’t mention either the blade or the stud ? so confusing! I’ll maybe just have to go with his suggestion and take the huge price difference between his and eurocar parts on the chin ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha no, not Halfords, it’s highland motor parts, a local parts place up here in the sticks LOL
Hmmm maybe I just but one from eurocar parts and hope I can exchange if it’s not the right one haha

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello! I have a 307 1.6. 54 plate which needs a new starter motor. Eurocar parts give me 2 options. The main difference being the fitment notes at the bottom. One states ignition switch terminal is 6.4mm blade the other option states ignition terminal m5 stud...does anyone know which I need?
Any help greatly appreciated!
Kind regards, Zoe
Last summer I replaced the "solenoid" in my wifes 307 1.6 petrol 2004 make.
I bought both for aprox. 30.
There were two types of starter motors when I asked, so I fell under the car to check which was. I think I have kept the old solenoid so tommorow I can see if mine is 5 or the 6.3mm to give you some more details.
I don't know if starter motor is a part that needs to be replaced rather than be fixed. Usually is either the solenoid or the motor brushes, both much cheaper from new starter.
I bought both brushes and solenoid for aprox. 30.

I have an impression that the ignition switch connection was a plug held with one screw and the power terminals were with 4 or 5mm studs

Στάλθηκε από το E6553 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks so much for this reply! I appreciate it! Unfortunately I’m completely clueless, I’d have no hope in hell fixing the starter....and I don’t think my brother would have the patience to bother. It’s him I’ll be relying on to help me out. I attempted to find the starter to get a part number by crawling under the car...but no luck haha. I think the air box and battery will have to come out.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
You might be able to check on Servicebox what starter you need.

public.servicebox.peugeot.com

Sign up for a free account, type your VIN number in, search for Starter and it should point you out in the right direction

If not, Eurocarparts are pretty good with returns, you can buy both and return the unneeded one. Just be nice, don't open, mark or dirty the unneeded box and returns will be an easy process. That way, it will be as little downtime for you as possible.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks so much for this reply! I appreciate it! Unfortunately I’m completely clueless, I’d have no hope in hell fixing the starter....and I don’t think my brother would have the patience to bother. It’s him I’ll be relying on to help me out. I attempted to find the starter to get a part number by crawling under the car...but no luck haha. I think the air box and battery will have to come out.
Unfortunately, I couldn't find the old solenoid, but I have managed to find the photo I took from my starter. Mine is a Valeo D6G3.
If it is the same as mine and if it is the solenoid, it is a couple of screws job to replace the solenoid.

My advice would be that, even you don't want to service it yourself, instead of buying one beforehand, get yours for rebuild.
Here in Greece there some stores that sell rebuilt and if you give yours back, they give you a discount according to the condition of yours. I believe that there will be something similar there.

Also, are you completely sure that is the starter?? What are the symptoms?

Στάλθηκε από το E6553 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts