Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently own a 2003 2.2 petrol 807 with geniune 44k on clock, problem is the original exhaust system is still on car and has eventually corroded away at welded join at backbox with centre pipe. The issue I have is no where locally/nationally stocks any parts for the petrol version only 2.0/2.2Hdi is what is on the books as listed by all major retailers such as Kwik-Fit, National, ATS, McConechys etc etc nothing for petrol whatsoever, all i get is dealership only which as you can guess is a ripoff nearly £600 for replacement parts.

Basically will the backbox and centrepipe from a diesel fit onto a petrol version??? I'm aware that there are different mounts for the different systems available but from what I have seen there are some very similar that are from the diesel version and the mounts look very similar to the ones that are on my petrol version! but surely someone has come across this problem before?

So please please please can any1 help me with this problem as I don't really have the cash for the dealership replacement parts and would appreciate any help/input from the forum.

Sorry for the long story!!!

C

·
0 Posts
I don't think a diseasel one will bolt straight on, as the intermediate secion will hold a different Cat arrangement to your petrol one, but check Servicebox to be sutr. Speak to one of the bespoke exhaust manufaturers, such as Powerflow. They'll be able to make one up at probably a lot less cost, if you don't mind some travelling. Stainless too, so if stainless clamps are used it'll last the life of the car.

Failing that, you're stuck the the OE at £600. Its a lot, but it'll last twice as long as some nasty Walker pattern item, so in real-life cost terms is probably equal. Zorsts are one of those items that don't like low mileage, as they don't get hot enough to burn off the moisture that forms when the hot exhaust gasses condense on the cold metal.

Final thought is to try eBay France.

Good luck.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Crofty sent you a linky on your other thread mate. Going to be hard to come by a good used one so maybe have to bit the bullet mate and have a newbie for a bit over 60 notes delivered and Guaranteed.

My cousin in Somerset had same vehicle as you and once paid summat like £145 for a back box mate fitted in Minehead.

Good luck. :thumb:

·
Registered
7 Posts
thanks for help i will keep looking i have got a small car to keep me going but getting a pain doing double trips when i can't fit whole fam in one car

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
I have a petrol ulysse here 2004 has a recent full system on it :)

Can post apparently the system fitted said citreon on it and the owner of the fiat said how can it fit i explained to her they are same car but she is still even to this day adamant they are not lol

She also refuses to believe the engine in her big car fiat was the same engine as her small car 206 gti :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
yeah i have been looking on ebay at the moment for fiat ULYSSE , they are listed as compatable with with peugot

i am guessing CITROEN SYNERGIE, FIAT ULYSSE, PEUGEOT 806 all the same vehicle just with different badges?

thx for info. i think i am getting closer to finding a cheap one.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Had a look at mine and the petrol exhaust is different to the diesel so you need the correct back box unless you fit the entire diesel exhaust but even then the front will need modding to fit the cat as the diesel one is either longer or shorter depending on DPF or no DPF

·
Registered
40 Posts
Try

Hi there try carparts4less.co.uk They are part of eurocar parts group but cheaper and they list back box 64 quid and centre for 56 quid hope this helps

1 - 14 of 14 Posts