Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some time now I've been wrestling with these problems on my daugthers 2008 308 1.6hdi, engine code is 9HX. I am posting in this forum because the vehicle is an early 308/late 307.:confused:

It all started with the engine management system failure message & a beep, switching the engine off and restarting solved it for days usually. this is now permanently on every time it starts and the throttle pedal does nothing, the engine starts but runs at approx. 1200rpm regardless of what I do.

The Fault codes are: -

P1728 CAN engine torque implausible - Permanent
P0223 Accelerator pedal signal 1 short circuit to positive or open circuit.
P0228 Accelerator pedal signal 2 short circuit to positive or open circuit.

Non of these faults can be cleared.

So far I have changed the throttle body & accelerator pedal, cleaned all the engine compartment earths, contact cleaned all wiring plugs etc.

I am now stuck any help would be much appreciated as daughter would love her favourite pug back on the road.

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
The fault is most likely a simple wiring issue something is shorted out somewhere

I had this once a few years ago on a taxi the engine would not rev idled at 1200 turned out the wiring behind the starter had shorted out and burnt out a track in the ecu repaired wiring repaired track in ecu all good again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Throttle wiring

Thanks I will check that out, what would be really good to know is which wires are likely to be affected and where they run to & from. I'm guessing its the tps wires from the ecu the problem as always with Peugeot wiring is reading the wire numbers as they are often unreadable due to age & adhesive tape damage.

Don't suppose you have a throttle wiring diagram?

Cheers.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Problem Solved

Turns out The accelerator pedal bracket had a very sharp edge so I had an intermittent connection despite testing this harness twice for continuity, many thanks for all your help much appreciated

:lol:.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts