Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Peugeot 3008 e-hdi 2011
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have error code 0031 no comunications with the diesel additive ecu. I have tried searching for that fault code but could not find anything. I am using launch diagnostics.
Thanks
Font Electronic instrument Audio equipment Gadget Display device

·
Registered
724 Posts
I would imagine the fault is as described. You should have a fault light on the dash as well. There is a additive pump that is connected to the BSI and it sounds like there is an issue with the pump's electronic control unit. It may be a case that a fuse has blown in the engine fuse box or there is a connection problem to the pump's ECU. This video should show you where the pump is:
You can see electrical connectors at one stage in the video.

·
Registered
Peugeot 3008 e-hdi 2011
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would imagine the fault is as described. You should have a fault light on the dash as well. There is a additive pump that is connected to the BSI and it sounds like there is an issue with the pump's electronic control unit. It may be a case that a fuse has blown in the engine fuse box or there is a connection problem to the pump's ECU. This video should show you where the pump is:
You can see electrical connectors at one stage in the video.
Thanks a lot, will check fuses and connection, but there is no fault light on dash.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Thanks a lot, will check fuses and connection, but there is no fault light on dash.
Apart from the diagnostic result do you have any reason to suspect a fault. It may be a historic fault. Sometimes when repairs are done mechanics don't clear the fault.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I would expect an anti-pollution fault to be displayed if there was something wrong with the particle filter. Some older Peugeot diesels had a seperate additive ECU which controlled the additive pump. There was a switch on the filler cap that would generate F031 no communications with the diesel additive ECU if the switch was faulty. The additive pump on the 3008 1.6 l HDi appears to be controlled by the BSI.

·
Registered
Peugeot 3008 e-hdi 2011
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you very much for your help guys.
The issue has been solved. I have taken the tank and pump out, cleaned the cable connections and filled the tank up as it was empty. After i have reset the additive counters and cleared the fault.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts