Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: i haave a peugeot 307 1560 s hdi (110) it broke down on november th 18th and is still off the road my wife filled up the fuel and drove to the shop the night before it broke down the anti polution light came on we had a long drive the next day and were about to set off we got about 200 yards away from home and the car died just cut out no judering no smoke notjing the car restarted first time and we pulled off again and the same i eventually called oyut the aa who diognosed a fuel presure problem and advised either the pump or the injectors i had it in the garage at the end of my road and he said the pump and it would cost 800+ to fix i had a mate who does mots look at the car he said it couldnt be the pump cause it sdtarts first time and runs all day when your not driving it you can take teh revs to full but as soon as it in gear and hits 2000 revs it dies i have had it to 2 peugeot dealers and now a third it has been on the diagnostics machine and all the work that it has said needs done has been done i have changed the egr valve has been replaced new filters the injectors have been tested and are fine the fuel has been drained and system flushed im lost can any one please help

·
5,618 Posts
Can you get someone to check live data, if so look at fuel rail pressure as it could still be a pump fault. The pump may not be able to maintain rail pressure above 2000RPM or fuel pressure regulator on the pump could be faulty (to high or low pressure will stop the engine for safety).

The fuel pressure sensor could also be the fault as above wrong reading shuts down engine.

It will rev when standing still as fuel injection quantity is calculated from various factors including boost level and torque requirments which will be a lot lower when not being driven.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts