Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2004 307 and my heater packed in and my son managed to change the resistor the first time and then a few months later it happened again but this time the resistor and the plug attached to it was all melted and he did not want to touch it .

I got somebody else to have a look and they took all the panels off under the steering wheel and pulled down the wires and then told me there is no power going to anything and left it like that :mad: I'm so frustrated and don't know what to do now ??

My son refuses to touch it , the car is so cold and fogged up in this weather and can't use it , I have even thought about trying to get some money together and buy a new car altogether although I don't want to as mine runs perfect and only got 64k miles on the clock , is anybody able to help ?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
It should have blown the fuse, if you separate the burnt wires and bypass the resistor unit you should get the fan on full speed when you replace the fuse. Not an ideal situation, but at least the car can be defrosted and heated until you get time to get it looked at under cover.
Maybe spend a little money having a good auto electrician do a proper repair is the least expensive long term fix.

Roger.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fuses were checked and are ok ?!?! last guy also said he ran a live feed from battery and no power going to it ? any idea how much an auto electrician would take as peugeot said at least 900 when i explained as they said its a dash out job and at that price its not worth fixing :confused:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts