Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help needed please.

I have purchased the following 3008 second-hand (registered March '14) : Allure 1.6 e-HDi FAP EGC 115 . I believe it has the RT6 connect navigation system?

Is there a way to find out which map version is installed? (used to have a 308 and could access this info by holding down settings but doesn't work on this).

Also, where can I find latest maps and speed cameras, and do you upload them via USB or on a burnt CDR??

Thanks again.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Go onto Peugeot.navigation.com and follow their instructions. Your local Peugeot dealer can / should be able to download the latest maps free of charge for 5 years from 2015 if you cannot do it yourself.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go onto Peugeot.navigation.com and follow their instructions. Your local Peugeot dealer can / should be able to download the latest maps free of charge for 5 years from 2015 if you cannot do it yourself.
Thanks, I had already checked that link, but its chargeable.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Map Update FREE

Hi go to GPS Underground scroll down to Peugeot /Citroen you will find all you need to know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Where is GPS Underground?

Hello everybody, I am a newbie, but I keep being told to go to GPS Underground for a link to d/l rneg rt6 2.85. But I just get old posts or a blank screen or saying 'tis shut down.
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of Rneg rt6 2.85?
Thanks

·
Registered
324 Posts
RT6 Nav

Help needed please.

I have purchased the following 3008 second-hand (registered March '14) : Allure 1.6 e-HDi FAP EGC 115 . I believe it has the RT6 connect navigation system?

Is there a way to find out which map version is installed? (used to have a 308 and could access this info by holding down settings but doesn't work on this).

Also, where can I find latest maps and speed cameras, and do you upload them via USB or on a burnt CDR??

Thanks again.
Hi I have 2015 3008 Alure I pressed the set up button to get info.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm trying to do my map updates.

I have 5 years free updates, so I went to 'My Peugeot' and downloaded them to my computer. I also have the input code for the car........However......

I've tried transferring the download to an 8gb (recommended size) and 16gb USB stick, but a message telling me there's insufficient space on the USB keeps appearing. One was new, the other used and I've formatted them both.

What am I doing wrong?:(

·
Registered
6 Posts
Fake usb?

Hi, have you got a fake USB stick, I did from ebay (discussion with vendor proceeding at this moment). I bought a reasonable priced, well packaged retail 64gb usb drive only to find it actually only held 16gb!
Having been caught before with 16gb usb drive only holding 2gb, I now use "Fakeflashtest", a free program to interogate the sticks on arrival. May be worth a go to see if your usb is what you thought it was.

·
8,218 Posts
RT6 is the basis for the Smeg units so they share the same maps you should be able to use the map update in the forum

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi, have you got a fake USB stick, I did from ebay (discussion with vendor proceeding at this moment). I bought a reasonable priced, well packaged retail 64gb usb drive only to find it actually only held 16gb!
Having been caught before with 16gb usb drive only holding 2gb, I now use "Fakeflashtest", a free program to interogate the sticks on arrival. May be worth a go to see if your usb is what you thought it was.
Checked them both on my computer, which tells me they have the correct amount of gb’s.:thumb:

·
Registered
100 Posts
RT6 is the basis for the Smeg units so they share the same maps you should be able to use the map update in the forum
Sorry, not sure what you mean. This is my first attempt at doing it as I don’t want the dealer to have my car running for 4 hours
, whilst stationary, to do the updates! I was going to do it during longer journeys a country or two at a time.

The update is on my computer, but I can’t get it onto the USB.:thumb:

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Make sure the USB stick is formatted to FAT32 and then you MUST Unzip the files to it, don't try and transfer the single downloaded zipped file to the stick as it won't work. Your error message is probably because FAT32 will only accommodate single files up to 4GB and the downloaded zip is bigger than that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Fake usb?

Yes they do that, it's quite clever, My fake ones were checked by computer and reported back that they were the size expected. But did not hold the correct amount when copying to them.
Google fake usb drive to learn more and how they fool computers. Twas just a thought I felt was worth considering. :nod:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yes they do that, it's quite clever, My fake ones were checked by computer and reported back that they were the size expected. But did not hold the correct amount when copying to them.
Google fake usb drive to learn more and how they fool computers. Twas just a thought I felt was worth considering. :nod:
Thanks again.:thumb:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Make sure the USB stick is formatted to FAT32 and then you MUST Unzip the files to it, don't try and transfer the single downloaded zipped file to the stick as it won't work. Your error message is probably because FAT32 will only accommodate single files up to 4GB and the downloaded zip is bigger than that.
Thanks for your help.:thumb:

This is the most awkward update procedure I’ve ever come across. No problems with my old TomTom 720, my motorcycle Garmin Zumo 660.......doddle in comparison.

I open the zip file and transfer the long list of updates one at a time?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Map Update 2017/2

:thumb:Just updated the maps and Camera alerts on my Peugeot 3008 Alure 2015.Bought from eBay had to transfer Camera alerts from cd to usb stick using my pc.The whole process took about 20 mins with engine running and disabling eco_Only updated United Kingdom maps from usb stick.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts