Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi each and all, I am hoping someone can help me regarding identifying a replacemnt engine that came with a car I have purchased, the car is a 2003 Peugeot 307 110 HDI and I am almost certain the engine is goosed
The replacemnt engine is a Citreon 2.0 HDI, but I don't know if it is a 90 or 110, I obviously can't check by the vin or regiatration plate as I don't know them, is there any other way to distinguish whether this engine is a 90 or 110 before I embark on fitting it? Thanks in advance, Darren.

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Hi each and all, I am hoping someone can help me regarding identifying a replacemnt engine that came with a car I have purchased, the car is a 2003 Peugeot 307 110 HDI and I am almost certain the engine is goosed
The replacemnt engine is a Citreon 2.0 HDI, but I don't know if it is a 90 or 110, I obviously can't check by the vin or regiatration plate as I don't know them, is there any other way to distinguish whether this engine is a 90 or 110 before I embark on fitting it? Thanks in advance, Darren.
110 has intercooler 90 does not

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
That wont help him if engine is removed !!

The answer is it really does not matter much as they will interchange .

There are differences and the 110 actually has a slightly stronger crank than the 90 but other than that they are basically the same.

If your replacement engine is bare then its very hard to tell if it has a flywheel then if dual mass its a 110 if solid its a 90.
Turbos are different too if a 90 it has an internal wastegate control IE it controls the boost if 110 ecu controls boost

Use turbo and injectors from your old engine and everything will be hunky.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You took the words right out of my mouth reliable406...........lol

I have established that the engine is in fact a 90 BHP, thanks everyone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts