Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Have a 05 307 and my passenger door is stuck shut not sure if its deadlock or just locked any advice on how to get this open. it is just the one door that wont unlock. Also my heater only blows at number 4 any suggestions on that one too would be much appreciated

·
Registered
2 Posts
Me too. I have a 05 3 door 307 and started doing it last week intermitently but stuck fast now.
Unfortunatlye you cant get the door card off with the door shut.

Any suggestions.

Cheers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
maybe an answer

local garage says this problem is not uncommon. On my one i can still feel the motor trying to open the doors they say that the springs inside the lock are knackered, so to fix you need to break the door card off and replace the lock and probably the door card too, now how easy this is i dont know but i am hoping to attempt it this wk so i will let you know if you have any other suggestions please let me know :thumb:

·
5,027 Posts
local garage says this problem is not uncommon. On my one i can still feel the motor trying to open the doors they say that the springs inside the lock are knackered, so to fix you need to break the door card off and replace the lock and probably the door card too, now how easy this is i dont know but i am hoping to attempt it this wk so i will let you know if you have any other suggestions please let me know :thumb:
dunno wether 05 is the facelifted model or not but this might help by showing where screws etc are located limiting any damage

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have fixed my car door it was a bit o a mission but its done and with minimal damage to door card. I took out all screws that I could 1 arm and removed handle surround and mirror cover. I forced the door card off along the top at the window breaking the screw at the lock side and bent the card down and forced lock open with piece of wire and door popped open then replaced lock with new one. Cost £20 compared to £200 Peugeot quote. Thanks for help and hope this helps a little

Sent from my GT-I9100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pedro37

Did you get your replacement door lock of Ebay.

As you managed to get the door card off at the top by removing all the mirror, door handle and mirror switch surrounds off. Then like you was just able to get access to the lock and get the door open.

I will strip the lock out tomorrow to get the part number.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I got door latch from local scrappy with driver side damage I could give you part number from the one stripped out if you want my car is 5dr 05 diesel dunno if it would be same or not

Sent from my GT-I9100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had the same problem, managed to pull off the fabric trim from the door card and get my hand round enough to open the door. Had a scrap door to take the mechanism off, glued the trim back on, good as new! It's caused by door slamming idiots!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts