Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, did a 10 mile trip to work yesterday, was unloading some tools whilst on double yellows, jumped back in the van, but started it in gear with the handbrake on, which I don't often do, and its just cut out completely for about 5 minutes, cant get anything on the dash at all. then after about 5 minutes, it came back on as in lights on dashboard, the lot, but wouldn't start, in the end we had to push it and bump it to get it going, so I ran it for 20 minutes to try and get some charge in the battery, but it didn't hold and I had to get a jump start to get it home, drove it home and went to restart it last night, so i thought alternator, so I charged the battery overnight as I've only got to go 2 miles to work today, but put it in this morning and its doing exactly the same as before, as in lights on the dashboard but no start, ive pulled a car round to jump it and it'll turn over with anther car jumping it but don't wanna start?? Has anyone please got any ideas, as i'm stuck at home and cant get too work??

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sounds like the battery has given up the ghost.Have you any way of testing it (hydrometer or drop tester).If you have a basic volt meter check its output whilst cranking over as a rough idea of battery condition.
Good luck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
As you're getting power ie dash lights, I'd be thinking in terms of the starter circuit.

My first step would be checking fuses given the starter is 'completely' dead rather than the starter solenoid 'clicking' which normally indicates low voltage.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts