Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
help: Hi All

Please can someone help me !! we have just brought this car and already replaced the starter motor as i thought this was the fault ! ?

the problem is :
we start the car in the morning and it starts like a van turns over it like its going to flatten the battery but once it turns over its fine ! does not start first time like a normal car or is this a normal thing on a 307 ? we never had one before !! thats why i thought it was the starter motor so replace it ! also checked the glow plugs all ok , battery was fine too , is there anything else i could try !

p.s went shopping today and noticed when i sat in the car with the keys out the speedo dial etc moved !! just a flicker for a few seconds what on earth could all this be !?!

the car has been on a diagnostic computer and no faults found !
can it be a fuse or relay ?
or anything i can try to find the fault ?

also some said try looking for air leaks around fuel filter ! ?? where is that and what should i be looking for ? :eek:

anyone help me ??

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you meant that the speedo and rev counter needles drop from zero to the bottom of the dial, about 20 secs after the keys are taken out, I think that's normal. Mine does that - it's probably just a capacitor discharging.
Mine is also starting slowly - chug chug chug chug vroom...I find if I give it a tiny bit of throttle, it starts instantly. I haven't got around to checking my glow plugs yet but I wonder if it's more a problem with air in the fuel line, or a worn-out spot on the throttle pedal position sensor.
My EGR valve is definitely shot too, so it might be worth looking into that.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I had this - same engine.

As time went on it took longer to start.

Spent months in the garage - turned out in the end to be the crankshaft sensor. If you go to a garage, get the bloke to check this first, before he starts replacing any other parts.

·
Registered
580 Posts
hi , the car has been on a diagnostic pc and NO faults were found !!

any thing else i could try ???
Did they use Peugeot Planet software to diagnose? This is the only software that will pick up all of the faults. My was diagnosed using a Snap On diagnostic PC, but still had faults on when plugged in to PP.

Malcolm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts