Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,i was just dropping the mrs off as i turned right it just died on me, no lights no power no hazzards nothing?
the lights above the button that unlocks the car flashed very dimley , i got out ,opened the bonet then it all came back on again, head lights hazzards it started and off i went?
i live in the stix so a dead car with no lights and going nowere isnt good on the lanes when the kids are blastin round the lanes!!
any ideas im worried to take it out again

i havnt heard of any EMP's in the area and the little guys from close encounters didnt jump out on me either,lol

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
if it was immo or keys, your dash will stay on and a red light would appear iirc.

from what i hear the earth ontop of the gearbox is a bar steward...did you check this one?

also when was the last time the battery was checked...ive heard dying batteries can cause all sorts of issues, making your day bad, in pugs.

·
Registered
481 Posts
The clue was in the name gearbox earth lol

Its on top of the gearbox and goes from a bolt to the battery , a black thick cable. Generally the connection gets crapped up so unbolt the bolt and clean all connections and re bolt :thumb:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its happened again

why am i the only person to get problems with cars no one has ever heard on i had a rover 216 vitesse(i know,lol) and it spent 6 months at rover ant they never did find the problem out

It happened again the same as last time i was turning right when all power was lost i ground to a halt then it came back on again, ive looked at the neut to the gearbox and given it a clean but it looked ok?
the low oil warning came on this time after it started again but i checked the oil level and its fine, had it got an auto shut off if oil is low to prevent damage that may be faulty?

Thanks in advance again

1 - 17 of 17 Posts