Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi their, I have a 2007 Peugeot 207 1.4hdi with around 75,000 miles and 5 days ago I broke down I called out a mechanic and we couldn’t pump any fuel through the fuel filter so we replaced that and he cleared some codes and I was able to drive home. A day ago the same problem happened again and I broke down through no response to throttle however, this time a RAC man come and I tolled him the previous ocation and he simply took the battery off checked a few earth points which were okay but it was dark, reconnected battery and it started! He said that the ecu has a glitch or dpf ? I feel its defiantly a electrical fault but not sure what and today I went to travel back from work and it wouldn’t start, disconnected battery and reconnected after 15 mins and nothing ? what could it be?

Bad earth?
Water damage on ecu or bsi ?
Glitch in the ecu?
Or maybe it needs a software update or hard reset?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
yeah it was a cut of power to the throttle was unresponsive. (ecu cut fuel to engine) and i got it started today and drove it back home. the code is p1586 and another that links to glow plugs ? both codes are connected to the same point of the ecu so could it be wiring? maybe a update? earth inside the ecu? or is my ecu on its way out?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
ah okay thank you. what dose a egr valve do? And would it stop fuel going to the engine ? and play with the fuel and temperature gauges as they seem to not work when the brakes down ?

also 3-4 weeks before it broke down the first time round, the dash suddenly said that i had 6,542 miles before i needed to fell up ? :s

1 - 10 of 10 Posts