Peugeot Forums banner

Help im baffled!

4K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  bung206 
#1 ·
Right guys here we go.

I had my car mapped by bhp uk about a month ago, apparently this map should of took my car (207 gti thp 175 bhp on 2007 reg) to over 200 bhp but I couldn't feel the difference, so I complained to them and they suggested i got my car checked for boast leaks, which it did have one and hose was replaced. I spoke to them again about it but ended up leaving it on bad terms and they didnt seem bothered now they had my money.

I took the car to another tuning company, explained to them that the car had been mapped by another company but it did not make a difference to its proformance. Anyways they put it on dyno and it only made 168bhp, so I'd lost 7bhp as its 175 ment to be 175 bhp standard, I know over time with the car been 6 years old its obvious its going to lose some horse power. Anyways they wanted to take it to peugeot to get a diagnostic, peugeot plugged it in and got the fault code p0204 which is a control fault with injector number 4, peugeot said that my ecu could be knackered, anyways I got the problem sorted turned out the wire had just broke.

I took it back to the same company to get it mapped again today, they put it back on dyno and evan with the fault fixed it still only made 168 bhp, they read my ecu and looked at the codes, they told me that who ever mapped it before have done a very good job doing it. They was still conceived it was my ecu so we took it round to peugeot again put it on diagnostic and it showed no faults, so car is in working order, neither of them could tell me though why my remap won't work :confused:

I've had the spark plugs changed, checked for boast leaks, had engine tera cleaned. I did put a k&n panel on it so thought maybe its sucking to much air in, put the standard one back in still no different. I did notice though that the air flow sensor had been taken off and capped off, but don't know how long its been like that for, I reconnected it but this made no difference to its proformance.

Im stuck what to do next any ideas what could be causing my map not to work and why would the air flow sensor be dis connected? I thought this would of brought my engine management light on if it was dis connected but weather its dis connected or not it doesn't make a difference? Please help as if I can't sort it i may just get rid. Thank you

See less See more
#3 ·
Your car is designed to use the airflow sensor so if its not there it will not run right

How can 175hp in a shopping trolley not be enough !

I have a Subaru with 260hp std and this is much heavier and its more than adequate

I also have a v6 Renault espace these are 200hp again more than enough any more would spoil the car it already fights for grip !!

#4 ·
I don't know, Im the cars 7th owner and it hasn't got any service history. I got it cheap thats why I bought it the car run fine when I text drove it but its just one thing after another now. Only extras ive done to it is decatted it and put stainless steel exhaust on it. As far as I know the car has never been mapped before and was completely standard when I bought it.

#17 ·
A map won't fix years of possible neglect and mechanical issues. Its like trying to install Windows 7 on an old computer with a faulty hard drive and then complaining that its slow and crashing.

You also say:

Anyways they put it on dyno and it only made 168bhp, so I'd lost 7bhp as its 175 ment to be 175 bhp standard,
Cars lose BHP over time. The car is six years old, on it's 7th owner and god knows what mileage. I'm surprised it hadn't lost any more.

I hope you get it sorted, but in all fairness this really isn't the right forum to vent your spleen, we're not a tuning or modding community.

#6 ·
Been told that evan though ive reconnected the air flow sensor it could take at least 30 mi utes of driving for the ecu to pick it up, but all i did was plug it back in and drove round block in it. Also been told to dis connect the battery for 30 mins so the ecu can re set its self but I might lose my key codes, this car is just a absolute night mare :(

#20 ·
:nod:
I know but the last owner before me was a girl and owned it for 2 years
Would never have bought it.

Anyway I had my 207 GT THP150 mapped, it definitely made a difference to it. The tuner did say he didn't get the results he wanted, but it definitely made a difference. This tuner's strategy wasn't simply to turn the boost up to ridiculous amounts, he apparently did some other witchdoctry that went over my head when he explained.

Car had close to 60,000 mi when I had it done as well, which he said is a possible reason for not being able to get optimal results.

The cam chain in this engine is a problem. If I ever bought another 207, I would hook up an OBD2 reader and check the long and short term fuel trims. A large variance off the baseline value of 0% here can mean the ECU is already compensating for timing being out a bit.

#9 ·
A girl so what my wife drives like she stole it constantly I have to prise the Subaru keys from her when I want a shot :)

Fact is you do not even know if it was mapped before you got it it may already have been and it has lost 30hp due to neglect.

#11 ·
Yes they took the map in the ecu off how do YOU know that map was the std one you don't :)

As I say the 168 the rollers say you have is still pretty good for a shopping trolley.

You could go faster by improving the suspension and brakes this also makes the car safer when using all those ponnies

I am fitting brembo 4 pots to my espace along with better suspension so I can make better use of the power I have I might then be able to keep up with the wife in the twisties :)

G
#14 · (Edited)
Unless you put it on the dyno that BMW did when they developed the engine, you won't get the same power output. Most manufacturers claim a crankshaft figure (VW claim piston crown figure, so With transmission losses 168 is pretty decent.

Even identical engines can differ by over.5% from the mean figure due to cumulative differences of manufacturing tolerances.

But fundamentally dynos are a references tool, not an absolute empirical measurable output- with different air pressure, humidity, temperature etc the laws of thermodynamics are against it. Drive to ten different dynos you'll 10 different numbers. I strongly suspect there's nothing wrong at all with it and you're spending money chasing a chimaera.

Just out of interest, many mile has your car done?

G
#16 ·
Here's a thought did BHPuk tell you what your BHP was etc from the Dyno before they changed the map so you could compare? Everyone I have spoken to in the past that has had a remap etc done always get a before and after from the tuners off the dyno. Just wondering if your car was 6 years old with 7 owners that have possibly used and abused it :eek: was it already seriously down on power and the improved remap has just brought it back to where it was at new. If this is the case the only way you will see any further improvements now would be replacement high lift cams, uprated injectors, pistons, clutch etc etc

#19 ·
if it was me id be getting rid and getting one which had been looked after with plenty of receipts even if it costs a bit more. I did mention on the 207 forum about mapping not sorting out a running issue, you need your car 100% fit on a rolling road or it could be disaster. and as for having enough power in a shopping car my corsa had 240 hp and that was enough for a car with no diff fitted but it was serious fun and could get you in trouble very quickly.:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.