Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All. I've recently found that the base carpet in my 307 front passenger footwell area is sopping wet through. It's nowhere else in the car, only that bit. Could there be a blocked drainage tube or something causing it at all?

All ideas appreciated :)

·
Registered
90 Posts
wet carpet

hi,
i had this problem with a xantia it was a leak at the windscreen only noticed when i was washing car and water was trickling down the carpet.
have you tried feeling under footwell to see if any water is leaking from anywhere.
you could also try putting a sheet of newspaper in the footwell to see where water is coming from if you cant detect any water by feeling under footwell.
hope this helps.

·
5,626 Posts
If water does not smell of coolant etc and your car has aircon check the drain hose from the heater box as this is a known leak point.

Second place is to look under the plastic trim below the windscreen, the grills can be removed with care on each side the scuttle drains are can be seen below these can block and the scuttle fills with water and leaks into the car via heater blower.

Lastly if coolant smell/color then leak from heater matrix is possible

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Maully and Windy for the suggestions. Once this pesky snow goes away I'll be able to get in there and take a peek. Gives hope that it's simple :)

Cheers. :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts