Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im new on here and im looking for some advice, i have a 206sw and recently i have statred getting a knock when the wheels are moving, it sounds daft but it almost feels like the wheel isnt round and as they turn the car knocks. I cant hear anything but am getting worried as it has got worse over the last few days.:confused:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi,
Most likely cause is a CV joint wear in one of the driveshafts.

Next most likely is wheel bearings needing replacement.

To find out, just jack up one wheel (gear in neutral), and rotate the wheel.
If you get a definate "donk" or "Cluck" at one point. Remove wheel and check for play in the driveshaft.
If the play is in the outside rubber joint - you can just buy the end CV joint, but if it's the inner - best get a whole driveshaft.

Best tip - Buy second-hand driveshafts if it's only one gone. But when buying 2 - buy new.

If there is a lot of wobble in the wheel, and driveshafts seem ok, it's wheelbearings you need. If this is the case - fit 2 new bearings on the front, as the other one will soon act the same.

I've got a 206 1999, and had rear bearings last year, and 2 front bearings Yesterday! ( A right pig it was to do as well)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.